Sponsored

Any Canadians ordered their mustang yet?

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Everything is more expensive. Has nothing to do with $ to $. When the CAD was even with the USD - delivery was still 1,600 CAD.
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
a bit off-topic, does anyone know why the Freight fee is so much more than the US fee ?
What isn't so much more in Canada than it is in the States?

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Couple questions, at what point did you get access to this Ford page to track the car?

My build is in. I am getting a touch worried however, the dealer said that he needed to find an allocation first and that production might not start until February! Maybe that is just how long it takes, not sure.

As for the BC question a few posts up:

GT Premium
Performance Pack
Magnetic
Enhanced Safety
Premium Ebony Interior with Black Recaros
All fees and deliveries etc

Below MSRP, just about $2,000 over invoice. The dealer and I split the profit in half. I had a lot of dealers claiming over MSRP sales, not sure how accurate that is.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Couple questions, at what point did you get access to this Ford page to track the car?

My build is in. I am getting a touch worried however, the dealer said that he needed to find an allocation first and that production might not start until February! Maybe that is just how long it takes, not sure.

As for the BC question a few posts up:

GT Premium
Performance Pack
Magnetic
Enhanced Safety
Premium Ebony Interior with Black Recaros
All fees and deliveries etc

Below MSRP, just about $2,000 over invoice. The dealer and I split the profit in half. I had a lot of dealers claiming over MSRP sales, not sure how accurate that is.
Anyone has access to the cotus:

http://www.cotus.ford.com/

If you don't have a vin, enter the dealer code and the order number and see what comes up. The order number I had on the piece of paper the dealer gave me when I placed the order was not the one cotus needed. My sales guy gave me the right one.

Sixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
yes I understand there are better prices in the States than Canada, but the delivery fee
to Anchorage, Alaska is the same as it is to a dealer in Dearborn, Michigan.

since our delivery fee is 100% more than the fee charged in the US, I wondered if there was
some Canadian duty, or is it just Ford's way of overcharging us ?

Sponsored

rdycoss1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium PP
It is just Ford's way of overcharging us. Also see GT PP costs 2500 US$ in the US, 3700 C$ (3400 US$) in Canada... and that is before tax of course!

However, as I came from Europe, I have to say I am still OK with the Canadian prices :-) (no vehicle tax based on displacement / weight, tax-like registration fees, sales tax up to 27%, not to mention the gas prices over there)

Sixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
salesman explained the Freight fee:
Ford totals all destinations charges and averages them out so everyone pays the same amount.
with more dealers/destinations in the US than Canada they pay less than we do.

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
salesman explained the Freight fee:
Ford totals all destinations charges and averages them out so everyone pays the same amount.
with more dealers/destinations in the US than Canada they pay less than we do.
Interesting concept, wonder how they know how many destination charges there will be?

Sixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^ apologies Ecobeast, I explained poorly.

it's not vehicles delivered, it's the quantity of dealers deliveries are made to.
Ford US ended 2010 with 3,131 dealers, Ford Canada 433.
averaged cost to deliver to each US dealer is lower than in Canada due to the quantity of US dealers.
Sponsored