• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I just looked it up and they start at 69,800 lol 70k. All that would be in the mid 50s here.
Which country ?
Euro prices will include sales tax at ~20% and emissions taxes.
Shipping it here will cost at least $5k.

The uk has an equivalent of your gas guzzlers tax at $3.5k
Sponsored

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Which country ?
Euro prices will include sales tax at ~20% and emissions taxes.
Shipping it here will cost at least $5k.

The uk has an equivalent of your gas guzzlers tax at $3.5k
I'm not sure, I only did a quick Google search and it said the European market, so maybe its the avg. I am sure that the cost of the undercoating is being passed on to the consumer though. It's probably worth it in that climate though. 👍🏻

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory undercoating would be most cost effective and consistent than doing it at the dealer.

Euro cars also have things like an OPF and they're not cheap in the slightest.

A quick google and a replacement OPF (GPF) for a similar car is around $3k can't find any prices for mustangs so hopefully they never go wrong (we've had them since 2018)

Last edited:
OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I just looked it up and they start at 69,800 lol 70k. All that would be in the mid 50s here.
You are not so smart.

Cars and litterally everything in Europe are included with their own country tax, not like in the US.

Every European country in Europe has it's own tax system.

In the Netherlands a Mustang GT starts from 132.000 Euro.

In Belgium the same GT costs 60.000 Euro.

You thought you were smart, but you still have to learn a lot.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before taxes (but including delivery etc) The cheapest GT in the UK (equiv to Premium + Performance Pack) is £44k ($55k) on the road it's £56k ($70k)

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
You are not so smart.

Cars and litterally everything in Europe are included with their own country tax, not like in the US.

Every European country in Europe has it's own tax system.

In the Netherlands a Mustang GT starts from 132.000 Euro.

In Belgium the same GT costs 60.000 Euro.

You thought you were smart, but you still have to learn a lot.
It's "literally"...

You have a lot to learn if you don't think that Ford would pass this undercoating cost to the customer. So no, I don't want this undercoat that I would have no need for because I never had a vehicle rust. You act like it's free. Someone would have to pay for it.

I honestly think I'm being trolled lol

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Factory undercoating would be most cost effective and consistent than doing it at the dealer.

Euro cars also have things like an OPF and they're not cheap in the slightest.

A quick google and a replacement OPF (GPF) for a similar car is around $3k can't find any prices for mustangs so hopefully they never go wrong (we've had them since 2018)
It wouldn't be most cost effective for me, because I don't need it lol If someone needs it they should get it. But if I don't need it, I don't want to pay for it. But yeah, it's well worth it if needed 👍🏻

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
It's "literally"...

You have a lot to learn if you don't think that Ford would pass this undercoating cost to the customer. So no, I don't want this undercoat that I would have no need for because I never had a vehicle rust. You act like it's free. Someone would have to pay for it.

I honestly think I'm being trolled lol
The moment you decided to correct my English spelling instead of talking about the subject is the moment you lost the conversation.

I speak 6 languages and English is my third.

But good that you know how to spell literally.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The moment you decided to correct my English spelling instead of talking about the subject is the moment you lost the conversation.

I speak 6 languages and English is my third.

But good that you know how to spell literally.
I only corrected you because you said "you're not smart" and then went on to have bad grammar.

You lost the moment you realized not everyone needs the undercoating, therefore those consumers don't want to pay for it.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I only corrected you because you said "you're not smart" and then went on to have bad grammar.

You lost the moment you realized not everyone needs the undercoating, therefore those consumers don't want to pay for it.
You don't have to explain yourself.
You already did what you did and that's enough evidence.

You started by trying to be smart and come with European prices you did know nothing about.

That was an OUCH. So you decided to go on a different path, to make me feel the OUCH.

The difference between me and you is that I stay ontopic and take you out with arguments.

Your arguments were done, so the only thing you could win is by showing me that your English spelling is better than mine.

Yeah, probably your spelling is better than mine, but that's offtopic.

But I'm glad you thought you could make yourself feel better by that 😂

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
You don't have to explain yourself.
You already did what you did and that's enough evidence.

You started by trying to be smart and come with European prices you did know nothing about.

That was an OUCH. So you decided to go on a different path, to make me feel the OUCH.

The difference between me and you is that I stay ontopic and take you out with arguments.

Your arguments were done, so the only thing you could win is by showing me that your English spelling is better than mine.

Yeah, probably your spelling is better than mine, but that's offtopic.

But I'm glad you thought you could make yourself feel better by that 😂
No, what happened was you said that Ford pays me to be on this forum to defend them. You called me not smart etc.

All because I don't want added cost for an undercoating that I don't need 😂

Don't play victim.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
No, what happened was you said that Ford pays me to be on this forum to defend them. You called me not smart etc.

All because I don't want added cost for an undercoating that I don't need 😂

Don't play victim.
This guy explaining me what happened. 😂

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would having a larger buyer base be of use to you when it comes to sell the car ? As it would lead to a higher resale price.

Do people from the rust belt buy used cars from outside of it in the hope of getting a cleaner car only to find it rusts to pieces in a couple of years and ends up worse than a native car ?
Just like people from outside the belt avoid buying cars from it ?

I know it used to be a lucrative option for dealers to offer, they'd charge hundreds for something that cost them ten's to do.
What do you think this 'added cost' actually is ?

As i mentioned before there was a trend in the UK around 10-15 years ago of importing JDM cars (not just Jap cars, but euro brands as well) into the UK as A) They were cheap, B) They were all rust free when imported.
But because they were owned by people looking for a bargain they were not treated correctly and within a couple of years the 'rust free' JDM cars became much worse than native cars of the same specification.
Finding a Jap import in the UK is now quite rare as people are wary of the rust issues and the cars on offer from Japan are dull.
Cars over 10 years old are heavily taxed in Japan so they tend to get exported to the UK and Australia.
90's JDM was cool (Supra's, 200SX, WRX's, EVO's, GTR's etc) 2010's JDM not so much

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Would having a larger buyer base be of use to you when it comes to sell the car ? As it would lead to a higher resale price.

Do people from the rust belt buy used cars from outside of it in the hope of getting a cleaner car only to find it rusts to pieces in a couple of years and ends up worse than a native car ?

I know it used to be a lucrative option for dealers to offer, they'd charge hundreds for something that cost them ten's to do.

As i mentioned before there was a trend in the UK around 10-15 years ago of importing JDM cars (not just Jap cars, but euro brands as well) into the UK as A) They were cheap, B) They were all rust free when imported.
But because they were owned by people looking for a bargain they were not treated correctly and within a couple of years the 'rust free' JDM cars became much worse than native cars of the same specification.
Finding a Jap import in the UK is now quite rare as people are wary of the rust issues and the cars on offer from Japan are dull.
Cars over 10 years old are heavily taxed in Japan so they tend to get exported to the UK and Australia.
90's JDM was cool (Supra's, 200SX, WRX's, EVO's, GTR's etc) 2010's JDM not so much
In The Netherlands they are very picky when it comes to Mustangs. They try to avoid all US specd Mustangs because of the no-rust treatment.

Many US Mustangs come through Lithuania and get sold all around Europe for cheaper and they try everything they could to cover up that it's a US Mustang. They even change the red tail lights to the clear ones and aftermarket the rear fog lights to make it look like the European spec.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt

To be honest, if I were worrying about resale, I wouldn't have gotten grabber blue, wouldn't have gotten the stripe package, wouldn't drive hard and fast, wouldn't drive a lot, etc. I choose the car based on what I like and want when I buy it and have fun.

I don't know what the extra costs would be with it, but I know there would be extra costs, and Ford will definitely pass that cost on to the customer. And if I don't need it, then I don't want to pay for it.

I mean I get it and why someone would need it if they live in a climate that would require that.
Sponsored