Sponsored

Another shifting thread

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
Yes yes, sorry to create this but I'm really having trouble with this car with it's 1 to 2 shift. I've read all about the rev hang and feel like it's stopping me from being able to launch faster.

At any revs in 1st I'd press the clutch in to go to 2nd but I will always get it into 2nd before the revs drop enough for it to grab somewhat reasonably. The engine is always revving 1000 rpm or so over where it should grab and then thus causing the car to buck or lurch when the clutch is released.

However if I wait the whole second and a half the RPMs will drop just enough to the point where I don't buck the car into 2nd thus causing me to lose a whole bunch of time.

The other gearshifts outside of 1 to 2 are nowhere as bad as this even with the hang.

What can be done or what suggestions do you have? :confused:
Sponsored

Bradford1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I have this exact same problem. I'd like to hear what people have to say for the solution.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Mine only does that when it's cold, which I think is part of the tune: Keep the revs up longer, the engine warms up sooner.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Pretty normal.
If you wait, you will match the rpm better. If you don't you just gonna spin the wheel a little bit.
You can replace with lighter fly wheel if you want the rpm to drop faster.

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
I mean I can certainly wait to shift but I noticed that this was a problem when I was trying to set some 0-60 time.

There were some shameful times set on my timer. 5.4s was the best I could manage to squeeze out but 7.8s was the worst.

Either 1-2 was too slow to get it right or the RPMs were too high when it catches and I lurch around a few times and lose time too.
Sponsored