Another case of "what is this part?"

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
Discovered this lone screw behind the passenger seat while getting my kids into the car today. Nothing seems to be loose. Seems like the motors under the seat are the most likely spot for it to go, but I didn't see anything obvious poking my head under there (though it is really hard to see well). I have the convertible GT. It was in for warranty work last week where they had to take apart some of the center console to replace the toggle switches, which could be a coincidence (or maybe fell out of a tech's pocket?)

Any ideas?
2015-07-27 21.36.20.jpg
2015-07-27 21.37.10.jpg
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
license plate screw

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Oh! That little screw...One of hundreds on the car. That particular screw goes to the "Fernoytner Rod". The Fernoytner Rod is an important but often forgotten device that continuously checks the "Nut Behind the Wheel" a couple of hundred times a second. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
peetucket

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
With two small kids, I have no doubt the nut behind the wheel also has a few screws loose.

I did notice these guys below the rubber gasket beneath the toggles, so somewhere in the center console seems plausible. I can't see anything else around the console, so it must be behind somewhere... though nothing feels loose, so ... yeah. Maybe they dropped this one, couldn't find it, then went to fetch another to finish the repair. I can only hope. They also had to replace the weather stripping along the top of the windshield (where it meets the convertible top), but I doubt any screws were involved in that repair.
2015-07-28 09.18.36.jpg

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
It's.....

It's called a tire getter, if your Mustang finds it on the highway..... :cheers:

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
I think you have a screw loose :D
Sponsored