RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking for a grille that will a) open up the airflow where the factory grille is closed off (especially in front of the intake) b) has a factory style look c) removes the emblem, d) isn't gloss (has a similar finish to the factory lower grille). I REALLY like the design of the Anderson Composites grille, its nearly exactly what i want. However, I don't want a glossy grille, don't want the carbon fiber look, and definitely don't want to pay the premium price for carbon fiber. I also really liked the Shelby super snake grille, but I haven't found it for sale anwhere. Anybody have any suggestions for a similar grille?
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Bump.

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase

Macwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Steeda Q500 Enforcer
OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking into and going to suggest the Cervini C-Series grilles, but looks like you found something. Let us know how it turns out, as that might be an option for me as well.
I started with the Cervini C-Series, but the more I looked, the less I liked them. They looked kinda weird to me, too deep, the mesh disappeared too easy, etc. Just didn't seem like my style. But if you like them, they are probably the best one around to open up the air path to the airbox without hacking the factory grille.

I got the eBay grilles yesterday, they seem pretty well made, but the plastic seems a little more brittle than the factory grilles, not really a big deal, but maybe more likely to break if a rock gets slug into them, etc. Pretty happy with the quality of the look, they look just like factory grilles. They lack the chrome ring that the actual Bullitt grille has, which was preferred for me. (If they had the chrome ring, I would have blacked it out before install.

They were a direct fit install, and installed exactly like the factory grilles. A couple of the clips on the bottom grill wouldn't quite latch. If I had it to do over, i probably would start snapping in the clips from the center instead of one end, with the ends free, it might be possible bend a bit to get them to latch. But enough latched that I felt it was secure enough that I wasn't concerned. While the bumper cover and bumper were off (was doing a FMIC install at the same time,) I also painted the radiator black (AC condenser coil).

Overall, very happy with the quality, and love the look. I only drove about 20 miles with it, about 15 on the interstate, and adaptive cruise worked perfectly! I'll probably want to drive it about a week before I'm confident it will stay that way. Here are some crappy nighttime pictures in the driveway. I'll try to get some better ones after I wash her tomorrow.

Photo Feb 02, 4 02 54 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 11 12 58 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 11 13 09 PM.jpg

Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
it appears it does not reuse the factory grill shutters, correct?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Very nice - I want to ditch the pony in my grille as well, and I'm not sure i can bring myself to cut up the mint GT grill I bought. I've been looking at the Bullitt-style uppers on Ebay and have been curious about their quality. If this really works with the ACC I think I've found my answer. Thanks for blazing a trail, and more pics!

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
it appears it does not reuse the factory grill shutters, correct?
My car was a PP, no shutters from the factory. In this case, the FMIC would have required removal of shutters also. I don't think the grill would have any impact on the shutters, as they were the same size as the factory grilles.
Photo Feb 04, 10 22 41 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 04, 10 22 51 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 04, 10 23 01 AM.jpg

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
If this really works with the ACC I think I've found my answer. Thanks for blazing a trail, and more pics!
Another 70 miles today (35 each way to work and back), probably 60 with ACC, still no issues.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I saw those on ebay and wondered about the quality as well. Thanks for testing them out. Sounds like the quality is fine.

Of course I see this thread today after ordering all the stuff to do a custom car grills delete hahaha. Always seems to work out that way.....

Sponsored

jjminch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost 6M Base
I've been looking at this grill and glad someone tried it out with good results. Can't decide between this and the Roush knock off.

Where did you get your headlight and turn signal tint from? How are those holding up?

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at this grill and glad someone tried it out with good results. Can't decide between this and the Roush knock off.

Where did you get your headlight and turn signal tint from? How are those holding up?
http://www.anchor-room.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=194

Make sure they’re installed by someone who understands that they should be installed more like wrap than tint. The first installer just sprayed and stuck on, they didn’t hold well. The installer who re-installed added a step to heat and stretch then to wrap around the edges. Those are holding up nicely.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I have that same grill set up..I just used the bottom to match the the GT upper grill ..very happy with it .. it's been on my car since October no issues its my everyday driver. Only thing is very hard to clean honeycombs when they get dirty
IMG_20190415_161631482_HDR.jpg

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
My car was a PP, no shutters from the factory. In this case, the FMIC would have required removal of shutters also. I don't think the grill would have any impact on the shutters, as they were the same size as the factory grilles.
Photo Feb 04, 10 22 41 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 04, 10 22 51 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 04, 10 23 01 AM.jpg
Very nice!!
Sponsored