Amp install small issue.

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Plus PP1 MT
Hey all. After installing my 4 channel amp and replacing all speakers in my 18 GT premium 401A (sub and amp have been installed for a few months with no issues), I get intermittent buzzing through the speakers when I open the car door or open the trunk and the accessories kick on. Occasionally, it will all (speakers and sub) buzz very loud for about a second. My ground and power wires are separate for each amp, and the grounds are not shared but they are located in the same spot. I also bypassed the factory amp when using signal wires to avoid Fords awful DSP. This has been a pretty straight forward install, so I am unsure what the issue is. All of my speaker wires are feet well insulated. I am thinking that the only problem may be with my 4 channel amp. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I’m having a similar issue as well but I also replaced my head unit. I need to do some exploring to isolate where the noise is coming from as I used quality wiring and ran it separately as well.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Where are you running your grounds too and are you using one ground point for all your equipment?

OP
OP
What_is_slow

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Plus PP1 MT
Where are you running your grounds too and are you using one ground point for all your equipment?
The amps and LC7i are all grounded to the same spot in the trunk at the spare tire well. I have one of each of the threaded holes used for the amps, with the LC7i sharing the location with the 4 channel amp.
Sponsored