Sponsored

American Muscle got their hands on the 2018 6sp manual

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Some nice stuff coming from the 18's. People getting hung up on what the dyno says. Who cares !!! The dyno is a TOOL....nothing more, nothing less. The real indicator is the track and trap speeds. LMR live feed was very interesting. The 18 is def a 11 sec car bone stock, no doubt about it.
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why would they need to doctor "bone Stock" dyno numbers? Was this pull a 93 Octane tune perhaps?

I just don't understand why, if they have no interest in the pull other than baselining it, would they fudge the numbers.
Maybe not intentionally inflating it but rather having an overly optimistic dyno to begin with. These guys baseline 2015-2017 GTs about 10-15whp higher than the average whp on most dynojets. -So the 2018 dyno should also be about 10-15whp higher than what you'll likely get on most dynojets.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, that revised Coyote is looking like a beast. 500HP should be doable with a tune and nothing else.

Damn. I'm not ready for a new car.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
if its running 12.0 flat in the 1/4 mile on street tires then it doesn't matter what the dyno #'s say. Its an 11 second car with a dr..add headers and a tune and suspension tweaks and its knocking on the door of high 10 second passes..

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
needs a cowl!!!

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
if its running 12.0 flat in the 1/4 mile on street tires then it doesn't matter what the dyno #'s say. Its an 11 second car with a dr..add headers and a tune and suspension tweaks and its knocking on the door of high 10 second passes..
Don't even need DR, just get some better runs in on a good day. Or just remove little weight.

I'll be more than happy to get a PP lv2, remove the back seat, throw on a tune, intake and run 11's all day.

When your minor mod 5.0 is knocking on the door of a 5.8SC making 662hp, that's not a joke.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Why would they need to doctor "bone Stock" dyno numbers? Was this pull a 93 Octane tune perhaps?

I just don't understand why, if they have no interest in the pull other than baselining it, would they fudge the numbers.
Agreed, companies like LMR and AM have no reason to inflate these numbers since they don't, you know, sell cars. If anything, it would be more beneficial to sandbag those numbers to make aftermarket power adders look more appealing.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Agreed, companies like LMR and AM have no reason to inflate these numbers since they don't, you know, sell cars. If anything, it would be more beneficial to sandbag those numbers to make aftermarket power adders look more appealing.
Numbers are relative. These dyno's simply seem to report higher numbers than average (just look at their 2015 GT Dyno numbers).

As others have said, take it with a grain of salt....the 1/4 mile times give a better indication of what the actual RWHP numbers are.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In the next couple of threads you guys will have that Mustfuse running in the HIGH 5's,who cares,my question is does it still VIBRATE LIKE THE 2015-17? Might not have to worry about any speed past 50-70:D:frusty:

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Some nice stuff coming from the 18's. People getting hung up on what the dyno says. Who cares !!! The dyno is a TOOL....nothing more, nothing less. The real indicator is the track and trap speeds. LMR live feed was very interesting. The 18 is def a 11 sec car bone stock, no doubt about it.
I'm not hung up on the dyno.......I was just curious what they had to gain from fudging numbers. But you're right people get hung up on dyno numbers.

I believe in the my timeslips, that for sure. That's why I don't chassis dyno my stuff. Engine dyno on the other hand is a different story. Dyno's are tools and should be used as such.

"We don't race dyno's" as far as I know.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm not hung up on the dyno.......I was just curious what they had to gain from fudging numbers. But you're right people get hung up on dyno numbers.

I believe in the my timeslips, that for sure. That's why I don't chassis dyno my stuff. Engine dyno on the other hand is a different story. Dyno's are tools and should be used as such.

"We don't race dyno's" as far as I know.
That depends on how close to a track you live, some places you may have no choice but to rely and be proud of dyno numbers unless you wanna start going light to light and hope to not get caught.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
That depends on how close to a track you live, some places you may have no choice but to rely and be proud of dyno numbers unless you wanna start going light to light and hope to not get caught.
I would have to call BS on this. There are lots of reasons people have to not put their car on a track but distance from a track is not anywhere close to the top of the list. Even if it is a couple hours away that is no big deal for a stock car. I drive my car 1.5-2 hours away all the time. I am glad to see Ford up their game but it would be nice to see them add more displacement vs higher compression.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
no way its making that actual whp. i call bs numbers
117mph terminal speed says otherwise, just face it, MY18 is vastly quicker than MY15. :)

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I would have to call BS on this. There are lots of reasons people have to not put their car on a track but distance from a track is not anywhere close to the top of the list. Even if it is a couple hours away that is no big deal for a stock car. I drive my car 1.5-2 hours away all the time. I am glad to see Ford up their game but it would be nice to see them add more displacement vs higher compression.
Amazing. Never met a person that was an expert on everyone else's life.

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So what are the upgrades to the trans beside a twin disc clutch? I wish Ford would have went with the tremec 6 speed.
Sponsored