2015 Mustang GT PerformancePack
I wudnt do it yet holf off on it
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Have the convertibles always been that big of a difference in price? I could see 2-3k but I never thought 5500 bucks! Not big on verts anyways.

Quit it OP you obviously don't know how or cannot get a deal if you paid over 26k for a v6, if you don't watch out, want will get your ass and they will talk you into a car because you think u gotta have it. I just went through the same thing last year when I upgraded from a 2011 F150 xlt to a 2013 lariat and wound up being disappointed and getting a Fusion

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Some lessons are learned by living through them. And some lessons are just never learned. For the sake of your future self, I hope you are a good student.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Good evening, my Mustang buddies! As crazy (or not) as this sounds, I purchased my new 2015 Mustang on February 19 and already want to trade it in................................................................................... For a different model.

Not because I don't like the Mustang, how it drives, the power, or the interior.... Nah. But solely because I want to get a convertible model. I have been jealously wanting one ever since I saw one a few days after I got mine... Not to mention, I just got back from a vacation in Key West and there was nothing but V6 convertible rentals everywhere and they looked fine as hell! :eye bulge:

So it all boils down to how much I am going to be losing and how much I am going to be owing to make up my final decision and I am going to need you guys to help me. My red 2015 Mustang V6 was $26,400 signing price-- We put down $5,500, making the final 72 month loan close to $20,900. After 3 or so payments, I owe approximately $19,750 on the car. My vehicle has 6,400 miles, so I know that is going to depreciate just a bit. The convertible V6 models that I am looking at are around $31,000-$32,000.

Just a few questions;

Is the auto loan that I already have transferable or would I have to shop around, take another hard inquiry, and get a new loan?

My monthly payments are around $313 and I was wondering how much would they go up if I trade-in and get the convertible model? (I am guessing around $40-$50?)

Please tell me how everything would have to be done in this situation IF I went and did a trade-in..

Safe driving, 'Stang buddies!
You should really think about keeping the car...maybe slowly modding it to your liking?

Ask yourself if the feeling of driving a convertible outweighs the amount of money your going to lose...or more importantly the things you'll have to sacrifice or give up to trade for the convertible. If you fixate on what you want rather than the entire financial picture, you'll always be in a hole (bigger debt).

Before large financial decision, people usually consider the "opportunity cost" of acquiring something. Strictly speaking, opportunity cost is an economic term, but you can apply it to anything you'll need to buy/acquire in your life. Simply ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze....what things (money, time, vacation, peace of mind, building a nest egg, other investment opportunities, saving for that SL AMG convertible...etc) are you going to have to sacrifice to have this immediate desire?

Hate to stand on the soap box and lecture because I was young once and financially naive bordering on reckless, but you either heed the advice of people who've made the mistake before....or you let life teach you the lesson. Life's lessons are a bitch by the way.

Maybe - try to enjoy the new car you just financed/purchased?

Good luck with your decision. Remember - its just a car. Plan your financial life strategically and you'll have the opportunity to buy better cars in the future - or better yet, strategically invest what you have and eventually the investments will buy the car for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JessV

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Thank you to those who actually helped me out in a logical sense instead of sitting here targeting my question (such as bringing up my previous vehicle thread). You will all be getting a "thanks" by me.

I have decided to not go forward with the decision and just continue to drive the hell out of my 2015 Fastback and love every minute of it. :ford:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thank you to those who actually helped me out in a logical sense instead of sitting here targeting my question (such as bringing up my previous vehicle thread). You will all be getting a "thanks" by me.

I have decided to not go forward with the decision and just continue to drive the hell out of my 2015 Fastback and love every minute of it. :ford:
Honestly....What did you expect posting things like this on a public forum? People remember things. Sorry but it's the truth.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Honestly....What did you expect posting things like this on a public forum? People remember things. Sorry but it's the truth.
So true.

Gotta take the good (advice) with the bad (criticisms) especially when you don't filter your thoughts at all on a public forum.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JessV

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Regardless, why does it matter? Some of you (not saying you, Todd15Fastback) were sitting here thinking I would sink into so much major financial distress just because of my age and/or how much I made if I had ever signed my name on a 2015 Mustang. Look at me now---- 19 years old, driving a 2015 Mustang, and have more money than I ever had before. Don't shoot people's dreams down because they can come right back and show you they can make it happen. I had full faith in myself whenever I made the decision to purchase my vehicle. That's all you need.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Smart move.

Next time work on your negotiating skills and look at dealers farther away. Florida is an MSRP rape fest.

Its just my opinion but you really overpaid for that V6 in the first place.
$26,400 is over 3 grand more than what I paid for my turbo.

OP
OP
JessV

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Smart move.

Next time work on your negotiating skills and look at dealers farther away. Florida is an MSRP rape fest.

Its just my opinion but you really overpaid for that V6 in the first place.
$26,400 is over 3 grand more than what I paid for my turbo.
Unfortunately, as silly as this sounds, I checked all dealerships (about 9) within a 200 mile radius and either they did not have the particular model I was looking for in stock, or they were higher on the price than others. The only reason why my car was a little more was because it was an automatic, locate vehicle ($500 extra), and I had the dealer installed alarm package on it ($395). What's so funny is that even with my X-Plan, the out-of-the-door price at Mullinax Ford in West Palm with the same precise vehicle was MORE expensive without the alarm package than St. Cloud WITH the alarm package. So overall out of all the phone calls and e-mails, I can say I did a lot of shopping before making a final decision.

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
Regardless, why does it matter? Some of you (not saying you, Todd15Fastback) were sitting here thinking I would sink into so much major financial distress just because of my age and/or how much I made if I had ever signed my name on a 2015 Mustang. Look at me now---- 19 years old, driving a 2015 Mustang, and have more money than I ever had before. Don't shoot people's dreams down because they can come right back and show you they can make it happen. I had full faith in myself whenever I made the decision to purchase my vehicle. That's all you need.
You don't have money. You dont pay for your lifestyle. You don't have a full time job or full time income. Those are the facts.
Don't let your ego rights checks you can't cash. Enjoy the mustang but I would advise you not to talk yourself up. You have not accomplished anything yet.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
You don't have money. You dont pay for your lifestyle. You don't have a full time job or full time income. Those are the facts.
Don't let your ego rights checks you can't cash. Enjoy the mustang but I would advise you not to talk yourself up. You have not accomplished anything yet.
Shots fired.
Sponsored