Sponsored

already ordered have a VIN and build day but....

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I found another car that's available now...

Put 2000 down for a deposit, can.the dealer cancel.the order this late in the game?

Are there any options for me?
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Every dealer should be able to cancel the order and refund your money. That being said they may be Dbags about it and make you jump through hoops to get it back

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
The thing is... you already got a VIN for the vehicle.... it would be a little late in the game to be quitting... at this point it would be under the discretion of the dealer if they are willingvto refund after vin had been assigned. I have no doubts that they will be able to sell it depending on what all you have optioned in it.... past of the reason why I believe in ordering because you get exactly what you want instead of settling with what is put in it. I would be amazed if you do get your money back....I don't think they can cancel the order after vin assigned...

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
What if I make the dealer I put money down with get the car from the other dealer for me. It's only 15 minutes from the dealer I ordered from.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I found another car that's available now...

Put 2000 down for a deposit, can.the dealer cancel.the order this late in the game?

Are there any options for me?
As long as your deposit was refundable, you should be A-OK to get your money back, even if it's in production.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
all i got was a receipt that says i put down the deposit...nothing about refunds or no refunds...close friend is my salesman and he is gonna talk to dealer tomorrow...

if anything else, i would assume they can keep my order and sell my car when it arrives and let me get this one...right? lol

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Yeah, worst case scenario is that they have an extra one to sell once it arrives on the lot.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
all i got was a receipt that says i put down the deposit...nothing about refunds or no refunds...close friend is my salesman and he is gonna talk to dealer tomorrow...

if anything else, i would assume they can keep my order and sell my car when it arrives and let me get this one...right? lol

Honestly wishful thinking. I think they will try to keep the deposit.

Truemen911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I was told by a dealer today that it's illegal for them to not refund my deposit in my state lol

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
It'll just be another mustang for them to sell if you cancel. Their allocation + 1.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Talked to my dealer today and he informed me that my car will be built on 10/27 and then delivered via rail by first week of November. Wow! Does this seem.accurate? I'm just gonna wait if that's the case!

My dealer is about 200 miles from flat rock....

Truemen911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Talked to my dealer today and he informed me that my car will be built on 10/27 and then delivered via rail by first week of November. Wow! Does this seem.accurate? I'm just gonna wait if that's the case!

Well of course they're going to tell you that.... they dont want you to leave lmfao..

If all goes well and ships right after production i think its possible. My car is getting built 10/21 and my EDD is 11/13 so idk.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

200 miles from flat rock doesnt matter.. i mean it matters some but its still doing to take a week to 10 days in travel time. and the biggest thing about when you get your car is how long it sits and waits. they dont just send them out one at a time they hold the cars there until they can fill the train and or convoy up. first week of novmber is a no though.. people with build dates of 10/20 are Nov. 16th at the earliest ive seen. you are looking at like Nov. 20-27th
Sponsored