All that’s left is the sound.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
What would it be like to go to the Drag Strip without ear plugs? Like a day without sunshine. EV's have their issues and right now the dirty little secret is how much fossil fuel is needed to get juice to the charging stations (hint it ain't wind or solar). I (now) own my own lovely 2020 GT because is sounds like a Mustang, it roars when I want it to and it returns me to days when I was riding in or driving the originals, "Stang, "Cuda, Charges, Vette, GTO and more.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
What would it be like to go to the Drag Strip without ear plugs? Like a day without sunshine. EV's have their issues and right now the dirty little secret is how much fossil fuel is needed to get juice to the charging stations (hint it ain't wind or solar). I (now) own my own lovely 2020 GT because is sounds like a Mustang, it roars when I want it to and it returns me to days when I was riding in or driving the originals, "Stang, "Cuda, Charges, Vette, GTO and more.
The good old days..now I just look forward to tanning naked with all solar panels .

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
100% agree! I'm an electrical engineer (power generation and distribution) and the electric industry has been good to me for the last 43 years :cwl: but nothing like the rumble of a V8 to get the senses going! That's why I'm driving a 5 OHHHH. Most people with EVs have no clue where the electricity comes from to charge their "green" planet saving vehicles. They have no clue the amount of maintenance and cost needed for the "free" electricity from wind turbines. Nothing is free. Both need to coexist....I think the technology for these types of EV muscle cars is very cool. I may never own one but I find them interesting.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think the "Hello rev" crowd will do in the electric, yell hello ?

And the old school low, deep rumble will survive ? :champagne:

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
What do you think the "Hello rev" crowd will do in the electric, yell hello ?

And the old school low, deep rumble will survive ? :champagne:
Did you know...? they had to add a sound to the Tesla's when backing up because ppl couldn't hear them and there were pedestrian "encounters". Maybe you'll be able to buy sound mods to go Broooooom, brooommm! LMAO

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
What electric car front ends look like to me:

R.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Did you know...? they had to add a sound to the Tesla's when backing up because ppl couldn't hear them and there were pedestrian "encounters". Maybe you'll be able to buy sound mods to go Broooooom, brooommm! LMAO

Big stereo guys will go for that, right up their alley. First mod a 300lb woofer .

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That Lucid is supposed to get over about 520 miles out of a charge if equipped with the 20" wheels instead of the 21's. I like the electric tech and yet I still like the good ole gas motors also. I wouldn't mind adding one to the garage but not to replace anything.........ahhhh but only one problem....that msrp of $169.900 and the fact that every single one was reserved and sold before the first one left the factory.