Sponsored

Alignment issues

bymoe1up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Vert PP
Hello all. Hope I’m not missing anything from a simple search, but I recently installed CJ Pony Parts spring on a 2015 GT Convertible with stock 20’s. Also 25mm spacers all around and a Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit. All was fine after the install, but driving I could obviously tell I needed an alignment. Fast forward, I get the alignment, but now my rear wheels do not appear aligned. Passenger side rear definitely sticks out more than before. The front seems fine.

Driver Side After Alignment

Passenger Side After Alignment

Passenger Side Before Alignment

Drivers Side Before Alignment
Photo Dec 04, 9 45 09 PM - Copy.jpg
Photo Dec 04, 9 45 34 PM - Copy.jpg
Photo Nov 26, 5 59 43 PM - Copy.jpg
Photo Nov 26, 6 00 03 PM - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Can't see the images.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I've said this before on this forum, and it will probably be dismissed again, but try another shop. I can tell you of several stories where I've taken one of my cars to different shops with vastly different results from each - on the same day. Machine calibration can be off, the wheel fixtures can be installed improperly. There are several variables and one needs to be diligent to do the job right.

OP
OP

bymoe1up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shop readjusted camber and caster. All good now. Please delete thread.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
So was the alignment machine indicating it was off when you brought it back in? Any explanation from them on how they screwed it up the first time around?

OP
OP

bymoe1up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn’t get chance to talk to the tech personally, so not really sure, but I do know the shop foreman did the correction. Didn’t speak to him/her either. Once the issue was resolved and I did a test drive, I needed to get out of there. Honestly, I think it was an error on the previous tech, idk.
Sponsored