Aircon stopped working

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I had the same thing happen to me and turned out to be the compressor so hopefully something like that and not the whole dash out bs
Thanks would be happy to not have the dash out again! Not optimistic though as the symptoms are the same as last time. Hard to understand how this major problem is still an issue. Fingers crossed it's something else.
Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Thanks would be happy to not have the dash out again! Not optimistic though as the symptoms are the same as last time. Hard to understand how this major problem is still an issue. Fingers crossed it's something else.
To give you some hope, my third air con failure was a compressor failure. Like you, I had the typical symptoms of slight cooling on one side and warm air coming out on the other and figured the dash was coming out again.

I was very relieved to have the car back after 2 days with a new compressor as the dash had already been out twice.

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
To give you some hope, my third air con failure was a compressor failure. Like you, I had the typical symptoms of slight cooling on one side and warm air coming out on the other and figured the dash was coming out again.

I was very relieved to have the car back after 2 days with a new compressor as the dash had already been out twice.
Thanks Graham Here's hoping!

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
An update on the second out of warranty air con failure - you guys were right, it's booked in for Wednesday to have the compressor replaced! I'm also happy to report that Ford has agreed to cover all costs, so great to see them continue to be good guys and stand by their product, although they initially only offered to pay for parts and wanted me to pay the $650.00 for labour! I had to contact customer support to suggest they cover all costs and to their credit they got back to me in a couple of hours and agreed! I'm very relieved that it's not a dash out again and that Ford is backing their product well out of warranty. I know they should and maybe legally still need to, however I also know several other car makers that wouldn't be so helpful in the same situation! Hopefully all goes well after the replacement next week!
Sponsored