Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
It's plug and play for integration. But it's going to need the usual wiring to make the stereo function like you would do with any other car.
Sponsored

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Go home noob!! No for real tho if you dont know what you are doing takw it to the local shop

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
It's plug and play for integration. But it's going to need the usual wiring to make the stereo function like you would do with any other car.
Makes sense, as long as I have a wiring diagram I would be fine with the head unit. I was worried if there was any other wiring with the HVAC controls and such. Now the questions is, do I have enough money to upgrade LOL.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just want to confirm, is the Scosche Kit 100% plug and play, or is there wire splicing required? My understanding is that it is plug and play, but some of the pictures make it look like the wires need to be spliced. Sorry for the noob question.
you'll need to wire your new head units speaker, battery and ground wires to the Scosche wire harness, which is pretty simple actually, the rest is plug and play

Sponsored

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
Yeah. Ordered the Scosche through eBay and the 4200nex through Amazon.
Keep us posted on how the install goes brother. Take lots of photos please :cheers:

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Anyone actually get one of these installed

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Received my Pioneer radio and accessories, now just waiting for the dash kit. Hopefully I'll have it for this weekend to install. I will definitely take plenty of pictures of the install once I do it. I already pulled out the Acm and sync module so now I'm chomping at the bit to get it back together. I ordered the Scosche dash kit on Friday via eBay but haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet.

Sponsored

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Anyone actually get one of these installed
My Scosche kit came today. It was originally scheduled for Friday so I've had to push the install back a week to this coming weekend. I've already got my head unit etc so I shouldn't have any more delays.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
My Scosche kit came today. It was originally scheduled for Friday so I've had to push the install back a week to this coming weekend. I've already got my head unit etc so I shouldn't have any more delays.
A detailed install post would be awesome man! But do what you can, I'm excited to see anything about this system. :cheers:

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have three stupid questions for when you get it in:

1. Are the HVAV controls backlit? I would imagine they are, but you never know.
2. Is there still a button for Max Defrost? It's silly, but I love this button on the OEM panel. It looks like it's gone in the pictures, but things can change.
3. Last one: Is the outside temperature still retained? It looks like it might be on the HVAC screen, but I'm not sure if that's the auto setting or the outside temp.

Thanks! And good luck!

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
If you could offer up some photos if it in hand, that'd be great. I'm concerned with the protrusion portion of the kit looking funky.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you could offer up some photos if it in hand, that'd be great. I'm concerned with the protrusion portion of the kit looking funky.
agreed, love to see some pics
Sponsored