Sponsored

Aftermarket Mustang 2.3T/5.0 Emblems--Do they fall off in the carwash?

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I assume you are referring to the 5.0 emblam on the GT? I'll take your word for that. But, most cars do not have indentations where emblems/ wording goes. I've worked on many makes and models and the vast majority just tape to the panel.
Besides, the OP is asking about putting aftermarket emblems on a fender that never had one so weather or not the GT has indents, his won't.
I was referring to the 5.0. Fair enough about the OP. My apologies. Photo attached.

0F3EA77C-1184-4DF2-B351-F9A4E94316EC.jpeg
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I hate to break it to you, but the oem's are also made in China.

I'll take your word for it, but at least they're made in a ISO certified ford approved facility. Never heard of an OEM emblem falling off or detaching from the adhesive.

OP
OP

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
Just an update, put the emblems on the other day and so far so good.

I've yet to take them through the car wash or anything but wow did they stick on like super strong. As in they are just slightly crooked (not enough for anyone to notice aside from me) but there is no removing them or adjusting them once you attach them to the side of the car. Short of them falling off they are on for the duration of me owning the Mustang.

Overall pretty happy with them. Here is a picture albeit not with the best lighting in my parking area.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.02.02 PM.png

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a 2.3T emblem for my Ecoboost. I've noticed virtually all of them are glued on. I try to take my Mustang through the carwash every couple of weeks so just wondering if they would fall off if I did that?

I'd get 2 of them for like $60 so not the end of the world if they did. Also if there is one that is screwed in I'd be interested in that since I'd put it on and keep it. Here is an example of what I'm looking at.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/upr-fen...VrVLx3xlFUf49dRJPffHwklISPXW7mohoCEHEQAvD_BwE
The emblems are 3M double sides tapes on. Usually they use high strength 30lb tape so you shouldn't have the worry about them falling off at a car wash. I hope you're not talking about an automated car wash lol.
Sponsored