Sponsored

Aftermarket cams on a stock block big turbo setup yay or nay

ednutcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP Comp Orange
As title states, looking into installing a PTE kit soon and was thinkering on the idea of upgrading cams before I dig into internals... yay or nay? why?? open discussion thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
For the amount of money and time why? A big single turbo will take the power level well above what stock components can handle.....yeah more boost to make the same power on stock cams over custom or matched but still
If you are going to go through all that far work it, Why not build a motor to drop in and do it once the right way?

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Cams on a DOHC engine with intake and exhaust VVT don't have that much benefit compared to old engines without VVT. That's because the VVT always the engine to change the valve timing as speed and load change.

OP
OP

ednutcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP Comp Orange
For the amount of money and time why? A big single turbo will take the power level well above what stock components can handle.....yeah more boost to make the same power on stock cams over custom or matched but still
If you are going to go through all that far work it, Why not build a motor to drop in and do it once the right way?
In my case, I do not have e85 available best I get is 93 pump and possibly meth injection (trying to avoid 3rd party systems) I got a turbo that works well in the upper RPM's and would benefit from a higher power band and I could get closer to maxingthe stock block on 93. That is my thought process
Sponsored