IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
I just wondered how may GT350 owners have replaced or are considering replacing their stock wheels with something else? If they have and there is interest would the forum moderators consider making this a sticky? I just haven't seen anything consistent on this topic, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
Thanks

I'm not really a fan of black wheels so was considering something like this.
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in a different wheel, not a fan of black either....

Not many choices though....

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
I'm on the list for the new Project 6R wheels whenever they arrive. I have the OW with OTT DIB stripes. I am not normally a fan of black wheels, but have to admit they look good on my color combo. I've got the 19" R specs in Satin Black coming...hopefully any day now. Two things I don't like about the stock GT350 wheels are the weight and with so many spokes, they are a PITA to keep clean. I'm personally switching over to lower the weight and cut down on the cleaning time. Not to mention, they look about as close to the R wheels as you can get without the hefty price tag.

I think it really comes down to personal preference. I didn't want to go with a wheel that made it look closer to a regular mustang...like every other one out there. Just wanted to keep as close to the original theme as possible :)

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Not many choices though....
Lol thousands of wheels to choose from, and any color you can imagine.

OP
I've picked my set. Looking at 10-10.5 front and a 11-12 rear. Somewhere around +20/+15 (f/r) but still have some research and sizing to plan on. As well as saving $$$

OP
OP

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

OP
I've picked my set. Looking at 10-10.5 front and a 11-12 rear. Somewhere around +20/+15 (f/r) but still have some research and sizing to plan on. As well as saving $$$
Would love to see pics when you pull the trigger.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

OP
Not in a chrome or polished version similiar to stock or R wheels.

Like the gentlemen said above, dont want the "extra spokes" they are hard enough to clean now.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I just wondered how may GT350 owners have replaced or are considering replacing their stock wheels with something else? If they have and there is interest would the forum moderators consider making this a sticky? I just haven't seen anything consistent on this topic, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
Thanks

I'm not really a fan of black wheels so was considering something like this.
I love the Alcoa look, just not sure how it would look on the 350.
10604460_724348604279810_6075824674582974523_o.jpg

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Not in a chrome or polished version similiar to stock or R wheels.

Like the gentlemen said above, dont want the "extra spokes" they are hard enough to clean now.
So you want something similar to stock...but you don't want similar to stock because of the 10 spokes? I guess I'm just confused to what you're really looking for. Any wheel can be done in chrome or polished finished if that's what you want. Even silver, since I think that is a better choice personally.

Sounds like a good 5-6 spoke wheel would be good for you. Simple and hundreds of different options out there.

If you want a factory wheel, with less spokes like the R replica - the 6gR wheels are of amazing quality and execution and you could get them chrome played yourself ( or even in finished and polished I'm sure).

Good luck, I've been bouncing back and forth on wheels for months!

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
The only wheels I'm considering so far are the 6G R Spec wheels but I want to see how the 19" Satin Black or Gloss Black look on a GT350 before I'll be comfortable pulling the trigger. The stock wheels are too heavy and such a pain in the ass to keep clean. I don't think I'll move away from black though. I love the black wheels. They help hide all the damn brake dust. No chance in hell I'd go chrome on this car.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
So you want something similar to stock...but you don't want similar to stock because of the 10 spokes? I guess I'm just confused to what you're really looking for. Any wheel can be done in chrome or polished finished if that's what you want. Even silver, since I think that is a better choice personally.

Sounds like a good 5-6 spoke wheel would be good for you. Simple and hundreds of different options out there.

If you want a factory wheel, with less spokes like the R replica - the 6gR wheels are of amazing quality and execution and you could get them chrome played yourself ( or even in finished and polished I'm sure).

Good luck, I've been bouncing back and forth on wheels for months!

To be honest, not sure what I am looking for. Car is still "new" and just happy to have it.

First order of business is to get the trans cooler installed so I can go track this beast. That is the main reason I purchased it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I love the Alcoa look, just not sure how it would look on the 350.
Right, I agree. Not sure either and would have to make sure has the right offset.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
Very little amount of aftermarket wheels. Surprising. Ill definitely be doing some on mine. What are the specs most are going for? Size and offset?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
The wheels pictured by the op are ugly as he'll. To each his own I guess. Those HREs are sick tho
Sponsored

Last edited: