Sponsored

After 8 months and 22 days, I finally took delivery :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Congratulations Gryphon!! Great car and great story! I really liked to read that.. Your parents are so nice to want to be with you in that moment . mine too pretend to carry me at the dealer for the 'historic' moment when I picked up my dream car :)

Apart all of that, I am always stunned by the good english level all of you have! I know that north european countries have very high education standard.. mid-european countries too... oh well probably only Italy has a low and bad education level.. :-\

Again, congratulations and have fun driving on swedish roads!
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Congrats! Sounds like you have a nice place to have your ride serviced, too ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Very nice story, great car, above all enjoy your new vehicle.
Really beautiful car. Congrats :cheers: Enjoy it ! :thumbsup:
Congrats!
congratulations, :coolphotos: and a great story
Nice, have a great ownership :thumbsup:
Congrats! Enjoy your stunning car... :clap2:
Congrats!
Congrats! Enjoy the Mustang.
Hey,welcome to the club:clap2:!!! Have fun with your stang (if you not already did;))!!!
Congratulations on your car. It's a gorgeous car! Love the color. ;)
Thanks a lot guys! It means a lot to me, after all of this time, to finally be able to close the book on the waiting and ordering process and get under way with owning and driving the car... And all I can say to those of you who are waiting, is believe me, it's so worth the wait. Nothing in the world can prepare you for the sensation of looking out of your window and seeing a Mustang parked outside your house... It makes you feel six years old again. Like any good car should.

The color is truly great, deep and with great luminosity and contrast, it looks as moody as the car sounds. I'm very happy with my choice. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the look of the car when the black wheels come on for the summer!

Congrats! Now drive safely! Do not underestimate the car.
Drive safely? Don't be ridiculous :D

No, but honestly, I know what you mean. I'm still running the engine in, so I'm not being mad with it, but I'm definitely not in the business of trying to write it or myself off any time soon. It's not to be underestimated, for sure!

Tack for your great delivery story! Enjoy :cheers:
Beautiful indeed! Lycka till! :thumbsup:
Tack for the svenska!! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Sounds like you have a nice place to have your ride serviced, too ;)
Unfortunately it's 300 miles away, but yeah, anyone close to Brandt Bil in Vänersborg should really consider it. I got a very good feeling from the place in general.

Congratulations, great colour, I also saw your post on r/cars
Ah, you cross post everywhere when something like this happens, don't you :headbang: Thanks a lot!

Congratulations [MENTION=15861]Gryphon[/MENTION] I got mine on Monday and a long drive home to - it is quite something to behold this car :) and then to be able to start your ownership with a "road trip"?! :D (though it's not Swedens fault - I'd like to send a big F for the prices you get ;))
Ha ha - yeah I can't believe it honestly. The way the V8 is priced in this country (or at least was when I ordered it) is a little mad. 39000 Euros for the Mustang GT, and the Focus RS starts at 42000. That means that even without options, the V8 is three grand cheaper than an RS - I really didn't see that coming. As it was I was able to spec the Mustang with Recaros and still come in over a thousand Euros under the base price of the RS. Mad. I really don't know what to say about the prices in Norway though... that's just beyond belief. Nevertheless - enjoy your beautiful Mustang my Nordic friend :thumbsup:

Great looking car! Congratulations! You deserve it after such a wait. And the dealer seems unbelievable to be in Sweden. A very good choice. Let's see how the Stockholm dealer does this spring. Regarding the seats- happy to hear they work well for you. Can I ask about your height? I am close to 185cm and somewhat concerned about the ability to adjust the Recaros low enough.... Thanks
I am 185 cm exactly, so I should be a good approximation of your size. I've pushed the seat all the way down, it won't go down any further. That's just about right for me, as the view over the hood/bonnet is so imposing you actually do appreciate a little 'from above'-perspective just to be able to tell where the corners of the car are. It's not ideal that that's the absolute bottom setting, you should always be able to adjust in both directions from the position you're comfortable in, but it works fine if you're 185 is all I can say! :headbang:

And do please get back to all of us with how Upplands Motor treats you! They certainly seem friendly and professional enough.

Congrats! Enjoy your new car.

You said you re coming fromE90 M3? Which means V8 4000cc and 420hp. Pretty much the same figures as your new car. I would love to hear a small comparison sometime. ;)

Just a small advice: try to get a WRITTEN document or something from the dealer what caused the repainted door. It would be an evidence to the next owner that the car is accident free.As you may now the paint thickness meters can tell the difference easily.

What a tragic irony for some countries. The price difference between 2.3 and the real thing is just 5000 eur. Literally nothing. But a "punishment" is awaits. :paddle: Every year.:frusty:
Yeah that's right, an E90 M3. Very much the same animal. About the same size, about the same weight, about the same power, and about the same sort of engine, so I won't bore you with the similarities. The differences are enough to be able to write a bit about though. The things that come to mind are:

- You sit MUCH further back in the Mustang. It feels like an E-Type to drive, with that long hood. You've arrived long before you think you've arrived. Even coming from an E90-sized vehicle, the proportions still mess with your head. Park early or you'll end up in something ;)

- The torque is night and day. The M3 was a great high rev car, but it felt very low on power in the low rev range. Compared to my Focus RS, it was almost lame at 2-4000 RPM. Only really woke up above that and never had that 'fist in the chest' torque push. You revved the engine. The Mustang's engine feels more like a truck engine by comparison - absolute shiploads (sic) of torque everywhere, so the engine character is very different indeed.

- The Mustang feels a lot bigger and softer on the road. To drive it feels less like the M3 than it does like the Mercury Grand Marquis I rented in the States a few years ago. Basically it drives like an old cop car, but that's part of the charm. You step on the gas and the front lifts up - that never happened in the M3, but where's the fun in that :p

Congratulations Gryphon!! Great car and great story! I really liked to read that.. Your parents are so nice to want to be with you in that moment . mine too pretend to carry me at the dealer for the 'historic' moment when I picked up my dream car :)

Apart all of that, I am always stunned by the good english level all of you have! I know that north european countries have very high education standard.. mid-european countries too... oh well probably only Italy has a low and bad education level.. :-\

Again, congratulations and have fun driving on swedish roads!
Well I'm cheating since English is actually my first language (I'm one of those pesky immigrants everyone seems to be on about lately) but I will say there's generally a level of English which is far above most general levels, at least in the young generation. People in their 50s and older, however, don't tend to speak English nearly as well.

However you only have to go next door to Finland to discover a totally different level of English. Most young people in Finland whom I know can only get by, and don't really speak it. My guess is that Sweden has always had an open culture, like a sponge, hungry for foreign influence because our own culture (unlike yours) is so bereft. Plus, you dub all of your foreign films and programs, which I'm sure does its share.

And yeah, my parents are awesome people :lol: Mad, sometimes infuriating, but in the end family is family ;)

Once again,

Thanks a lot guys!!

Here's a shot of my winter warrior, already earning its keep:

FinMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Gryphon wrote

"However you only have to go next door to Finland to discover a totally different level of English. Most young people in Finland whom I know can only get by, and don't really speak it. My guess is that Sweden has always had an open culture, like a sponge, hungry for foreign influence because our own culture (unlike yours) is so bereft. Plus, you dub all of your foreign films and programs, which I'm sure does its share."

Have you ever been in Finland and met any of the young people and really spoken with them? I doubt, because most of the kids study english for their first foreign language and they do it quite well. During my visits to Sweden I haven't noticed any better language abilities with the local kids nor the adults.

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm in a band from Helsinki :D And I go to Rally Finland almost every year. So I spend a lot of time there. And at least in my experience, its not common even for people in their 20s and 30s to speak English. Of course, I admit freely that I haven't met every Finnish person and would love to be proven wrong!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
First mod is on the car.

Some blue coil covers courtesy of AmericanMuscle:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-boss-coilcovers-blue-1112gt.html

Before:

After:

Very pleased with the look of the part. Incredibly easy job, literally took me three minutes to snap on and snap off. Now it actually looks like a Ford engine :D

Some more shots:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
nice mod! Wish we ecoboost guys have a good looking covers like that!

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Grattis Andi! Looks great! Have you checked the undercoating? Can you take som pictures?
/Joakim

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ha! that thing is horrible :D The actual cover isn't bad at all but those fake air filters... Man oh man. I guess you could always just take those off. The center part with the air cooling fins and the Mustang logo looks fine.

And thanks Nordic!! As for the undercoating, no, I haven't lifted the car up yet. I wouldn't really know what the underside of a car's supposed to look like anyway... I can tell you about weight transfer during lift-off oversteer, but I couldn't point out where the antiroll bar is...
Sponsored