Sponsored

After 1300 miles in 3 days. My K3017 update.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I thought I would give an opinion and update of the Bullitt I bought on Wednesday morning, 3 days ago. I put 1300 miles on the vehicle in that time, believe it or not!

I drove the car about 3 hours on back roads varying the speed and acceleration. Lots of starts and stops. Then, the rest of the drive home. I drove the car 19 hours straight. Stopped avery 100 miles to stretch and potty break. Lots of accelerating and decelerating. I did not exceed 5,000 RPM until I hit 1,000 miles on the odometer.

Having owned 5 previous Mustangs, three of which were supercharged, all with some kind of suspension mods.

The result: this is by far the best performing Mustang I have every owned. Not the fastest. But the shifting, ride quality (magneride), braking, handling, looks, color (better than the '09 i owned a few years back), radio (electronics package), gauges, shifter ball (better than the '09 with the skin burning/freezing sold aluminum ball), seats, headlights, gas mileage (avg of 24 since new), oil consumpsion (right full). I cannot believe I am not in a rush to mod! I do not want to touch this thing except for the horns I ordered yesterday and maybe a tune to get a bit more torque in lower rpms.

First brand new Mustang in 37 years and a purchase I do not regret at all. Ford did a great job!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'm going to change the oil this week sometime. I'll use the manufacturer's recommended viscosity. I'm thinking of using motorcraft synthetic. I have always used mobile one in my other vehicles. I'm torn between doing it myself which I like, and having the dealer here do it so that it shows up on a Carfax if I ever sell the car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm going to change the oil this week sometime. I'll use the manufacturer's recommended viscosity. I'm thinking of using motorcraft synthetic. I have always used mobile one in my other vehicles. I'm torn between doing it myself which I like, and having the dealer here do it so that it shows up on a Carfax if I ever sell the car.
I plan to let my dealer do my first change at 1 or 2k. Then I'll be doing it myself. I also do a LOT of stop and go traffic which is harder on oil so I plan on running 5w-30 Motorcraft Full synth every 3 or 5k.
Sponsored