aFe shorty headers

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
The headers came with Fel Pro gaskets most likely use the OEM. Received the studs and nuts for the head mounting instead of the proper flange mount bolts.
Included a sticker and a license plate frame that may go on the hybrid RAV4.....
I was look for something different than the BBK. These are similar to the Hooker Black Heart.
I was expecting RAW as this was too pretty to be real https://afepower.com/afe-power-48-43031-twisted-steel-409-stainless-headers

_K5_1620.jpg
_K5_1621.jpg
_K5_1622.jpg
_K5_1623.jpg
_K5_1624.jpg
_K5_1626.jpg
_K5_1627.jpg
_K5_1628.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
DANA44

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I went with a new oem gaskets and replaced all the studs a a few of the nuts not really that much $ at tasca. I plan on holding on to the car long term. I reached out to aFe about the collector bolts they agreed about sending out the incorrect bolts with the set and stated they would ship the correct ones out. I had a shop true the head flange side aFe blew off the request for compensation. 50k on the car everything disassembled with ease and penetrating oil
I did remove the starter keeping the wiring intact, glad I did the 2 bolts were in need of anti seize after being cleaned up.
I have a cat back system so the acoustics are not dramatically different some what louder.
We will see the next time I venture out to the Berkshires seems to be less drone in 6 around 2k rpm. I am pretty familiar after almost 5 years of pleasure driving a NA 3.7 and influence of different outside temps that my area experiences.
Replacing the oem made in China cast iron boat anchors with this set and would assume any other offering there is a noticeable low and mid torque increase. I have my doubts there is a holy grail path with any benefit with the so called tuned shortys for the 3.7 application. Just replacing the China iron does the job. This set may offer greater ease of fastener access with the lack of over pronounced tube radius styles that seem to dominate.
_K5_1633.jpg

Drivers side
_K5_1641.jpg

Passenger side the top center stud also kisses the tube
_K5_1634.jpg

OP
OP
DANA44

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I've had a cat back for a few years now this deepened the tone.
I am assuming as a result the OEM cast have smaller passages

Sponsored