Advice on Mods for S550

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
pre facelift models I'd get an Active Exhaust fitted either OEM Ford if you can find one (even a gt350 from the states) or aftermarket one. Get full V8 noise experience with the option to keep it down in own neighbour should that be a consideration. Could easily add the H Pipe to it as well and do it all one go.
Suspension wise, can't help you there at all though it's something i'll be looking to as well since i have weeping rear shocks apparently. Sigh
This is a good shout OP. There's myself and at least one other on here (who told me how to do it) that run active systems meant for facelift cars using an aftermarket controller and actuator kit. Having the ability to shut the car up for neighbour friendliness is a wonder and well worth the investment IMO. X-Force make an active system for pre-facelift cars as well, but using the controller/actuator kit allows you to use pretty much any active system. I've got Borla S-Types with H-pipe and headers so it's blisteringly loud with the valves open but relatively subtle with them closed, the other guy if he wants to chime in is currently running a Borla Switchfire on a Bullitt catback, but bought a set of active S-Types in the Black Friday sales on Nemesis so hopefully he'll get those fitted soon. You do have to either cut the OEM rear valance or as we did fit a quad tip valance from MP Concepts or Roush, picture of the rear of mine is attached so you can see what it looks like. As raptor17GT mentioned as well shocks are worth looking into, I use Koni active shocks with Eibach Pro springs and the ride is amazing, they really help iron out the nasty little bumps and keep things composed
FB_IMG_1693758206331.jpg
Sponsored