Sponsored

Advertising Fees?

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
$691 on mine, and it is part of the invoice. Here's the printout on my car when I ordered it. I'm on the Z plan.
Order Summary.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
So I have a EAA Membership now and a X-Plan pin. Do I risk going back to same dealership I burned bridges at? Has anyone tried not waiting the 60 days?

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible v289, 2015 GT Convertible
So I have a EAA Membership now and a X-Plan pin. Do I risk going back to same dealership I burned bridges at? Has anyone tried not waiting the 60 days?
Just curious, what part of New York? When I ordered mine and gave them my pin they didn't ask how long I'd been a member of MCA, but perhaps they figured since it was an order that it would be past the required 60 days when it came in anyhow.

You should price out the exact car you want at www.truecar.com and print that out as well. A lot of times it's really close to X-plan. In my case it's only a couple hundred different. If they are not a truecar.com dealer, go to a dealer that is listed on the certificates you get from truecar.com and perhaps they can trade for it if they do not have the car you want.

Good luck!

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and truecar.com will show you the the regional fees:
Regional Fees
A Regional Fee is the fee a manufacturer charges a dealer to advertise and promote the vehicle in the dealer's market. TrueCar also includes manufacturer preparation charges (manufacturer charges to the dealer to cover any work done on the car prior to delivering it to the dealership) and fuel charges (the charge for the fuel in the tank when the buyer purchases the vehicle) in this total. TrueCar includes regional ad fees in its Factory Invoice calculations; other sites sometimes do not.)

By the way, New York Advertising fees are outrageous, mine are $959.

OP
OP

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
Bogey, I live on Long Island, NY. Home of the worst dealers I have ever dealt with. I used to live in Texas and think I got spoiled by how easy it was to buy a car there. NY just feels way more cut throat you against them.

Sponsored

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
Bogey, I live on Long Island, NY. Home of the worst dealers I have ever dealt with. I used to live in Texas and think I got spoiled by how easy it was to buy a car there. NY just feels way more cut throat you against them.
Sounds about right, I won't even walk into a dealer anymore without pricing from truecar.com or edmunds.com or kbb.com or in this case, X-plan. Thankfully there are a lot of dealers to work with in this area.

You being on Long Island does explain the high Advertising fee though. Thanks NYC market!

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Olla, I am confused with you. Also if it was a manufacture fee, what isn't it listed as a line item on MSRP (the window sticker). Delivery a manufacture fee is listed there. I am sure the manufacture charges dealerships for advertising, but its their decision to pass it on as a line item. What other industry would list advertising as a line item? No other.

It is listed on the window sticker on every vehicle.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My dealer spread sheet shows an Advertising Assessment of 1.63% of optioned car.
If you have X-Plan, etc., the assessment is on the X-Plan price. So you save money using X-Plan even on advertising.
An assessment of $837 would indicate a purchase price of about $51,350. So if that is $500 above invoice...yikes.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
My dealer spread sheet shows an Advertising Assessment of 1.63% of optioned car.
If you have X-Plan, etc., the assessment is on the X-Plan price. So you save money using X-Plan even on advertising.
An assessment of $837 would indicate a purchase price of about $51,350. So if that is $500 above invoice...yikes.
This guy has it. It doesn't vary by region, it varies by the price of the optioned out car (invoice prices, before fuel and destination) multiplied by 1.63%. This is also the reason why particular options are a few dollars more with X-plan than they are with invoice, because it adds in the ADV fee and the X-plan calculation into the option price. We figured this out a long time ago on another thread about X-plan. I thought the spreadsheet was updated to calculate this but you may be using a different spreadsheet.

X-plan is the way to go. It is usually only a couple of hundred above invoice and it also caps the dealer doc fees at $100, which around here dealers charge doc fees of $400-500 it seems.

bogey928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BJ
Vehicle(s)
This guy has it. It doesn't vary by region, it varies by the price of the optioned out car (invoice prices, before fuel and destination) multiplied by 1.63%. This is also the reason why particular options are a few dollars more with X-plan than they are with invoice, because it adds in the ADV fee and the X-plan calculation into the option price. We figured this out a long time ago on another thread about X-plan. I thought the spreadsheet was updated to calculate this but you may be using a different spreadsheet.

X-plan is the way to go. It is usually only a couple of hundred above invoice and it also caps the dealer doc fees at $100, which around here dealers charge doc fees of $400-500 it seems.
Here are my numbers ordered on X-plan. The 1.63% math doesn't work for me. If it doesn't vary by region as truecar.com states then I do not know why my Advertising fee is so high.

Also, I went to truecar.com and priced my car in the Denver area and the Regional Fees (what they call the advertising fee) calculated dropped by $200.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am wishing I had joined MCA.... 2 months ago. I just don't want to wait 60 days now. Also 3 dealers in my area say they won't even do X-Plan if the car isn't on their lot.
I joined, printed my x pin and bought car the same day.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
EAA is $40 and gives you a $750 coupon also.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Here are my numbers ordered on X-plan. The 1.63% math doesn't work for me. If it doesn't vary by region as truecar.com states then I do not know why my Advertising fee is so high.

Also, I went to truecar.com and priced my car in the Denver area and the Regional Fees (what they call the advertising fee) calculated dropped by $200.

Hmmm that does seem high. Can you share what all options your car has so I can investigate?

Truecar isn't the same as X-plan, as it is just what price a particular participating dealer agrees to. I got different results with Trucar between Denver and Colorado Springs, as well as Indianapolis (where I used to live) yet the Xplan price is the same at all three locations (checked both Xplan B&P and with dealers themselves) X-plan price should be the same no matter where you go in the country. Only differences would be local taxes and fees, plus some rebates are regional only but that is price off Xplan anyway. C
Sponsored