Admiral 0 - LV 1

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Absolute madness on my insurance renewal with Admiral. When I last renewed it was just my Vette and it was £600 for the year. Added my wife's BMW back in Nov to make it multi-car, then Mustang replaced Vette in April. Renewal quote was....£4,177 !!!!! WTF? Just got a multi-car quote from LV at £1,300 (£400 for the Mustang and £900 for the BMW, which is fair as my missus only has 1 year NCD). Guess who I've switched to....

Have to say Admiral used to be really good (and fair on renewal) but the recent dealings I've had with them have been atrocious (even before the crazy quote). LV process was a doddle in comparison.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Admiral don't like me...don't know why.
Mustang is with Ageas through A-Plan and our two dailies are with Aviva (who are very good for everything except mods).

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ive just renewed with Admiral, much better quotes than competition

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Admiral car insurance have become proper scum.

A lorry changed lanes and wrote off my A8 & Admiral pushed me under the bus & sent me a cheque, sooner than they should've, forcing the settlement on me.

I'll never use their "services" again.

Also, it seems the mind set of such companies has changed of late.
Now, if you renew, they increase your premiums, not decrease them, as historically, one might be use to.

Quote of over £4k is ridiculous, so yeah.
Dump that bunch!

Glad you got a sensible, alternative, quote.
I've piggy backed my GT, which arrived in March, onto my current Aviva policy for my other car.
I dread to wonder what kind of a renewal quote I'll get, later this year...

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’ve said before & i’ll likely say again, Admiral have always been brilliant for me. Competitive to the point where no other insurers can get close. For several years i’ve found them to go out of their way to drive the price down and win my business.

However, renewal in December 18 I had 2 cars with them so they were flexible on the discounts, now i’m down to just the Mustang so we’ll see what happens later in the year

Sponsored

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Insurance renewal notice this year increased the premium by nearly 22%. No changes, no claims etc. 16 minutes on the phone to them and the increase was down to just a smidge over 1%.

All insurance companies ‘try it on’ so just push back and see what happens.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Same with me Admiral gave a super competitive quote last year when I first got the mustang.

Come renewal the quotes was over double last years premium yet nothing’s changed. They offered to price match but I told them to stuff it and went with A Plan who been brilliant so far.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The thing to remember is that you never know how good a company is til you have to claim. Aviva were excellent when "someone" ran into the back of my BMW whilst checking "their" phone/make-up in the mirror, and I would have done anything to stay with them however the extended chats about what spacers were became disheartening. Plus I have a shade more than their six allowable mods and wasn't willing to get creative.
Sponsored