Add me to the list…

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
That's great, but remember that Toyota corporate only did that many months later after the issue went viral online. The guy had already sourced a used engine and paid out of his own pocket to have the engine replaced before Toyota stepped up and did anything. I don't know whether I would be lucky enough or stubborn enough to get any issues I have to be covered.

For me it's just not worth the risk. I'll use my older Mustang on track. It's a lot of fun and it's faster than the 86 on all but the smallest tracks anyway.

I don't want to post only positive things about the 86 on here. I love it, the interior is quite a bit nicer than Mustang interior and the size and weight of the car is perfect. Consumables on track would be a lot cheaper than the Mustang. But I don't feel comfortable with Toyota warranty coverage like I did with Ford and my GT350.
Funnily enough I'm the opposite. I'm still a bit terrified about my 350 warranty being honored should I need it.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Funnily enough I'm the opposite. I'm still a bit terrified about my 350 warranty being honored should I need it.
I can understand. GT350 parts are really expensive. The thought of paying $20K or more for a replacement engine is sobering.

But I haven't heard stories of GT350 coverage being denied. I was mostly only worried about what might happen after the warranty ran out. I still wish I had been more confident in my car and had never sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.