What year? Sorry about your misfortune

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
That looks like Inter-granular fracture... but I would need to put it into the SEM to verify.
If you want to send it, I will be glad to analyze the mode of fracture for you... you have my address I believe.
No charge, since you sold me the World's Greatest Oil Drain & Funnel Kit.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
That looks like Inter-granular fracture... but I would need to put it into the SEM to verify.
If you want to send it, I will be glad to analyze the mode of fracture for you... you have my address I believe.
No charge, since you sent me the World's Greatest Oil Drain & Funnel Kit.
How very very kind of you. I offered them a cool 20 spot for the old engine but they’re playing hardball…. I’ll let you know how the negotiations go, but I think they’re holding out for at least $50.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
All I need is the piece you were holding in the photo... if you still have it, sent it.... free Metallurgical analysis.
Lol, you mean the smashed spark plug? I think the technical terminology from my mechanic was “the spark plug got beat to sh*t dude.” Im no wizard, but that sounds pretty scientific to me!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
All I need is the piece you were holding in the photo... if you still have it, sent it.... free Metallurgical analysis.
PS - I deeply miss your disclaimers. Please bring them back, if not for me do it for the good of the forum!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Lol, you mean the smashed spark plug? I think the technical terminology from my mechanic was “the spark plug got beat to sh*t dude.” Im no wizard, but that sounds pretty scientific to me!
If the photo you showed was a damaged fracture surface, then I withdrawal my Metallurgical Offer.

Metallurgical Disclaimer
Metallurgically, the metallurgical analysis of a metallurgical analyzed analysis would offer a metallurgical answer based on the metallurgical analysis.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
If the photo you showed was a damaged fracture surface, then I withdrawal my Metallurgical Offer.

Metallurgical Disclaimer
Metallurgically, the metallurgical analysis of a metallurgical analyzed analysis would offer a metallurgical answer based on the metallurgical analysis.
Annnnnnd he’s back ladies and gentlemen!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.