Sponsored

Activation of Quiet Mode on Active Exhaust on 2020 Mustang GT

musclecar6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT premium Black/ Show Stopper Red.
I just purchased a new 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the GT performance package/ mag ride/ active exhaust. It’s Black exterior with the Show stopper red interior and silver wheels, spoiler delete and fully loaded with B&O etc. My first car way back when was, a 57 ford 2 dr hard top with a 312 auto. Pretty quick for it’s day that I bought from another GI when I was in the Air Force. Now after many other fun performance cars over the years, I’ve come home to my second Ford and it’s a beauty.

The question I have is, either I’m not doing something correct or things have changed since the 2018 Mustang GT came out with the Active exhaust when one try's to put it in quiet mode for start up. When I get the car running and select exhaust mode and the select quiet mode, a selection to set the times for quiet mode operation doesn’t appear like it does in the videos on You Tube for the 2018 Mustang GT. So I’m able to operate in quiet mode in the My Mode okay, but when I shut down the engine and subsequently restart the engine, the exhaust reverts to normal ( louder) mode for start up.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help anyone can come up with to help me get it into quiet mode for start up.
Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I just purchased a new 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the GT performance package/ mag ride/ active exhaust. It’s Black exterior with the Show stopper red interior and silver wheels, spoiler delete and fully loaded with B&O etc. My first car way back when was, a 57 ford 2 dr hard top with a 312 auto. Pretty quick for it’s day that I bought from another GI when I was in the Air Force. Now after many other fun performance cars over the years, I’ve come home to my second Ford and it’s a beauty.

The question I have is, either I’m not doing something correct or things have changed since the 2018 Mustang GT came out with the Active exhaust when one try's to put it in quiet mode for start up. When I get the car running and select exhaust mode and the select quiet mode, a selection to set the times for quiet mode operation doesn’t appear like it does in the videos on You Tube for the 2018 Mustang GT. So I’m able to operate in quiet mode in the My Mode okay, but when I shut down the engine and subsequently restart the engine, the exhaust reverts to normal ( louder) mode for start up.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help anyone can come up with to help me get it into quiet mode for start up.
When you select exhaust mode and you see the list of 4 exhaust options (Quiet, Normal, Sport, Track) keep scrolling past those - there's a 5th option called 'Quiet Start'. Selecting that should bring up a sub menu where you should find what you're looking for (Turning on quiet start and selecting the time range)

OP
OP

musclecar6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you select exhaust mode and you see the list of 4 exhaust options (Quiet, Normal, Sport, Track) keep scrolling past those - there's a 5th option called 'Quiet Start'. Selecting that should bring up a sub menu where you should find what you're looking for (Turning on quiet start and selecting the time range)
Thank you !!!!! I kept trying different things and nothing worked. As I expected, it was likely something simple and sure enough it was. Thank you again.

OP
OP

musclecar6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a problem! Hope you enjoy the car...about to go on a fun drive now to nowhere in particular
I know I will love the Mustang. So much easier to get in and out of, more room and a much more comfortable seat than my corvette was. A welcome change.
Sponsored