AC and Hot air issue

Kazman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500 , 2015 Z06 Corvette , 2019 Widebody Hellcat Challenger
We have a 2010 GT500 that i bought from new .
Last year when driving , the AC quit working so we had it re charged and figured that was it . Had it tested and seemed OK .
Next drive , it quit again .
Its not that the AC blows warm , its the blower that looses power , it doesn't blow .
We Replaced the blower motor and a resistor .
On the last ride of last year , the weather was cold so we put the heat on , after driving for about 45 mins this time with the heat on , the blower died again .
It seems to happen when the engine is hot .
If you stop the car and turn the engine off for say half an hour , the blower will work again .
Anyone have any insight into what the problem could be ?
Sponsored

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would inspect the blower motor and resistor connectors for corrosion or overheating. This would cause a poor connection that could contribute to your intermittent fault.

I would also check the HVAC drain tube. If moisture is unable to drain out of the HVAC housing it could cause accelerated corrosion in the blower motor.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
I would inspect the blower motor and resistor connectors for corrosion or overheating. This would cause a poor connection that could contribute to your intermittent fault.

I would also check the HVAC drain tube. If moisture is unable to drain out of the HVAC housing it could cause accelerated corrosion in the blower motor.
To piggyback off this, the blower motor connectors around that time frame are prone to melting causing poor pin contact and thus no blower motor operation. There's a TSB/SSM Ford put out for it with an "updated" pigtail part number.

Could also just be a bad new resistor or motor, never rule that out.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Hello; Many years ago I owned a Ford F-150 pickup which was going thru alternators. I was lucky in that when I replaced the first one I paid more and got a lifetime warranty so I was not out of pocket. It was still a pain to do the work. A fellow told me to replace the harness for the alternator, which I did. No more problems.
Sponsored