Sponsored

Abnormal Roush Axle back and X-pipe noise- need a 2nd opinion

eperks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V6 2016
Looking for any help. I have a 2016 Mustang V6 and just had my Roush Axle backs and a flowmaster x pipe installed at a shop. I had a second mechanic verify that the bolt ons are tight, but I’m getting a weird rattling sound/vibration on cold starts/idling and driving at low speeds. I have some pretty bad drone on the highway which I don’t mind too much, but I have a weird vibration noise on idle. It sounds great when I gas it, any suggestion? I’m going to take a second look at the hangers tomorrow
Looking for any help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Make sure the exhaust clamps are tight, there is a correct torque that I do not remember off the top of my head. Exhausts also kind of have a break in period as well, drive it more a few thousand and see if the noise disappears.

OP
OP

eperks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V6 2016
Make sure the exhaust clamps are tight, there is a correct torque that I do not remember off the top of my head. Exhausts also kind of have a break in period as well, drive it more a few thousand and see if the noise disappears.
Thanks man appreciate it! It sounds like it’s vibrating/needs a rubber dampener on some of the hangers- idk if I’m tripping but the exhaust tone sounds pretty different than the videos/audio I’ve heard online. Had my mechanic take a look at it and checked it was bolted on tight. I’ve only got a few hundred miles on it. I read on this forum that the Roush Ecoboost and the Roush V6 axle backs are the same unit now which got me a little paranoid. Going to lift it tomorrow and check it out myself, just wanted a few opinions on whether it sounded normal or if there’s an issue with my install

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Thanks man appreciate it! It sounds like it’s vibrating/needs a rubber dampener on some of the hangers- idk if I’m tripping but the exhaust tone sounds pretty different than the videos/audio I’ve heard online. Had my mechanic take a look at it and checked it was bolted on tight. I’ve only got a few hundred miles on it. I read on this forum that the Roush Ecoboost and the Roush V6 axle backs are the same unit now which got me a little paranoid. Going to lift it tomorrow and check it out myself, just wanted a few opinions on whether it sounded normal or if there’s an issue with my install
Definitely could be the hanger bushings that are worn causing the rattling as well!
Sponsored