Sponsored

A10 tranny lugging in 10th - anyone else?

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
Rash, I only have about 500 miles on my 18, and so far I have not noticed and lugging that did not downshift with slight pedal modulation. However, I may be a bit more aggressive than you when driving so the trans learning may have sorted my transitions out to act that way.

One thing that can be done in the future if this continues to be an issue, is it can be tuned out by adding throttle input to "D" mode and/or changing the "D" mode base "downshift schedule" to suit your driving style better. I may have a better solution for you after I get some time to dive into the stock ROM, from what I have seen there are an epic sh!t ton of trans maps. I like to try and understand those before messing with shift schedules.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Rash, I only have about 500 miles on my 18, and so far I have not noticed and lugging that did not downshift with slight pedal modulation. However, I may be a bit more aggressive than you when driving so the trans learning may have sorted my transitions out to act that way.

One thing that can be done in the future if this continues to be an issue, is it can be tuned out by adding throttle input to "D" mode and/or changing the "D" mode base "downshift schedule" to suit your driving style better. I may have a better solution for you after I get some time to dive into the stock ROM, from what I have seen there are an epic sh!t ton of trans maps. I like to try and understand those before messing with shift schedules.
Are you referring to FORScan changes or through a tune? Ideally I'd change the downshift out of tenth from 42 mph to about 45-47.

You have PP so 3.55 gears I assume - most with that setup are saying they don't notice much lugging. I think it's a 3.15 thing.

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
Yes sir, I mean with an actual tune. Yeah I have the 3.55 gears looking back through this thread I see what you are saying, little sleep here lately is starting to affect me I think .

The shift schedules all appear to be in output shaft speed (OSS) so it should be relatively easy to adjust, but my understanding of other than base shift schedules are still very limited at the moment.

Sprayin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I have actually noticed this happening to me a few times. It happens when the throttle isnt pushed enough to downshift it seems. This is my first auto car since I had a 90s Cavalier forever ago, so I guess I just assumed thats how Mustangs drove haha. At least its not just my car.
Sponsored