A touching story........

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I just read this and had to share. The story tells itself. For those that don't know, this is local for me in the Lafayette area.

The compassion that our community has is what I love about Acadiana the most. The love that was shown for Kaylee McLain is the perfect example. Kaylee McLain died just a few days before Christmas in an accident, gaining her angel wings on December 10, 2020 at the innocent age of 10. Needless to say, Kaylee’s family and friends, along with the community, were devastated. McLain attended Mt. Carmel in Abbeville, where she was in 4-H and raised her pig, Pearl. Who would have ever known that her pig, Pearl, would have such a huge impact on her memory? Camille Floyd, a teacher at Mt. Carmel in Abbeville where McClain attended school, reached out to me and told me her story and I’m so grateful she did.

Kaylee’s parents, Erin and Allen McLain, set up the scholarship fund to honor their daughter and help to provide students with education in Catholic schools. A 4-H volunteer, Gwen Broussard, helped the McLain family set up the scholarship fund, according to LSU Ag Center. During the auction of 4-H animals on January 16th, Pearl the pig was sold as a fundraising effort for the scholarship fund to honor Kaylee McLain. Pearl raised $100,000 dollars for a scholarship fund to honor the beautiful little girl.

The word spread quickly about Pearl being sold and many people pledged money to buy the pig. Here is where it gets even better. After numerous people placed WINNING bids on Pearl, they donated the pig back for another round of bidding to continue to raise funds. At that one auction, Pearl was donated back for sale 26 times. According to Gwen Broussard, more than 100 families and businesses contributed.

Read the rest here: https://kpel965.com/abbeville-students-pig-and-community-honors-her-after-she-dies/
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Wow, what a nice story. It reminds me there is so much good in this world. I wish the media would write more stories like this instead of the doom and gloom or the constant complaining about something so insignificant that most people don't care. But I guess creating outrage is how they pay the bills these days.