A couple things I noticed

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
While washing my car today, I lifted the left side windshield wiper up to clean the windshield and it HITS the top edge of the hood. You can't lift it so that is stays up by itself. I'm glad I caught myself before I did any damage. :tsk:

The second thing I noticed is that there seems to be some lint or debris trapped under the paint on the right side rear fender in front of the wheel. I noticed it when I stopped to try and remove what I thought was some dirt which turned out to be a ROCK CHIP! :doh: It's small but noticeable. Anyway, the lint or debris isn't just one or two small pieces; it's MANY.

I mean, I'll get over it. Just thought I'd share. LOVE this car is so many ways. I can't even put it in to words. I don't think I've loved anything this much since my son was born. LOL
Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Can you post some close up pictures of the trash in the paint? I'm the painter at a body shop, and I know this sounds scary, but you can sand that out with some water and 2000 grit sand paper IF it's just on top of the clear. If it's under the clear, no such luck unfortunately. I'll get you a material list if it looks fixable, or you can take it to a local reputable body shop. They shouldn't charge you much to wet sand and buff out those spots.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Can you post some close up pictures of the trash in the paint? I'm the painter at a body shop, and I know this sounds scary, but you can sand that out with some water and 2000 grit sand paper IF it's just on top of the clear. If it's under the clear, no such luck unfortunately.
Yeah I shouldn't have said it was under the paint, most likely the clear coat. I think I'll just leave it there until I can't stand it anymore. Sand paper...? Yikes! LOL I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. Thank you for the advice.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah I shouldn't have said it was under the paint, most likely the clear coat. I think I'll just leave it there until I can't stand it anymore. Sand paper...? Yikes! LOL I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. Thank you for the advice.

LOL! I know. Most peoples' eyes bug out when you say that. If you're careful, and the trash is high enough, it's not a big deal. 2000 grit feels like a sheet of notebook paper. You could even pull up some videos on YouTube to see the process.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
LOL! I know. Most peoples' eyes bug out when you say that. If you're careful, and the trash is high enough, it's not a big deal. 2000 grit feels like a sheet of notebook paper. You could even pull up some videos on YouTube to see the process.
I believe you. It's just so...new right now. LOL

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Things noticed:

A) Paint/fit/finish/stripes look great on mine. The one thing I found was where the factory applied some touch up paint/clear where the corner of the passenger fender meets the bumper in the headlight area. The touch up is about the size of a match head. They probably caught it during their QA process.

B) Also for the windshield wipers the drivers wiper tip will rub the passenger wiper arm if you lift it straight up to clean underneath. Luckily the tip is flexible so you could move it away during lifting.

C) When around town I tend to drive in a lower gear to hear that wonderful exhaust :)

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
B) Also for the windshield wipers the drivers wiper tip will rub the passenger wiper arm if you lift it straight up to clean underneath. Luckily the tip is flexible so you could move it away during lifting.

C) When around town I tend to drive in a lower gear to hear that wonderful exhaust :)
I also noticed the wiper tips touch when lifting. And of course, ditto for C as well. :cheers: