Sponsored

A couple of pics and a few daft questions.....

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Hi guys,

So 3 weeks after picking up my 'stang, I've finally stopped driving around for long enough to post up some pics and initial thoughts.

Simply put, the car is amazing. It seems to turn heads wherever I go and the fact that theres still so few around makes it all the better.
Really pleased I managed to get one with Sync 3, its a seriously good system.

I do have 2 questions for you guys though...I'm sure I could find the answers to both in the manual, but as a man, I'm refusing to read it.

1. Locking the car via the touchpad on the handle, it seems that there are 2 settings. One when I touch the pad once and a different one when I touch it for a second time. Any ideas what this is?
2. Is there a setting somewhere to have the mirrors automatically fold in when locking the car? Every car I've had for about the last 8 or 9 years has done this, so I forget every time. :headbonk:

If anyone can shed some light on these it would be greatly appreciated.

I live in a little village in Cheshire where we are fortunate to see our fair share of supercars and rare beasts. Because of this, there are always car spotters and guys with cameras snapping cars rolling by my house. Below are a few of the shots I've seen of my car on Instagram from the spotters and the guys at the mod shop I got the stripes done at.
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 15.48.21.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 01.01.14.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 01.01.28.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 15.49.33.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 15.48.53.png
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Nice looking car.

Congrats on that. As for your two items. The locking action after touching the three bars on the door handle is only one stage. If you look inside the glass you will see a small led. If it is red the door locking has completed successfully. If that led is not lit the door is not locked.

And for the second items I do not know of any electric folding mechanism on the S550 mirrors. That weight and expense was saved on these cars.

Have fun.

Bronzetooth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Very nice mate :headbang:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
And for the second items I do not know of any electric folding mechanism on the S550 mirrors. That weight and expense was saved on these cars.
Standard on on non-US cars.

I don't believe there is a way to tie them into the locking procedure.

As for the locking itself, it might be worth messing around via the dash menu as there are different settings but not sure they'll have any effect on the one-touch part. IIRC they're more to do with being able to lock the doors with a choice of having the cabin sensors active or not (full lock vs whatever the other one is called).

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Congrats on the car. Love your stripes :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Love the Stripes :thumbsup: can't help with the rest as I just use the one touch and walk away

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
Love the stripes, fantastic

I can't help with the locking query (mine doesn't arrive until next year)

However I might be able to sow the seed (so to speak) if we have any electronic wizard's here.

My old Jaguar X-Type had powerfold mirrors, but they didn't auto fold when the car was locked/unlocked.

Some clever so and so came out with a mod to overcome this: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=36529 maybe someone can translate a mod for the Jag into a mod for a Mustang?

Mike

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
The locking is the same as one blip or two blips on the key fob. Pretty sure the second is the deadlocking. The 2 levels of alarm are set on the dash before you get out.

Mondeo mirrors auto fold on locking so Ford have wherewithal but like other things, didn't apply it to the Mustang.

Your car looks great. Nice subtle uplift on the magnetic.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Love the stripes, fantastic

I can't help with the locking query (mine doesn't arrive until next year)

However I might be able to sow the seed (so to speak) if we have any electronic wizard's here.

My old Jaguar X-Type had powerfold mirrors, but they didn't auto fold when the car was locked/unlocked.

Some clever so and so came out with a mod to overcome this: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=36529 maybe someone can translate a mod for the Jag into a mod for a Mustang?

Mike
Someone did the same for the 350z community. I think as everything is Can-bus now it's a bit more difficult. The same guy couldn't do the mod for the 370z. Still early on into the life of the S550 so hopefully some one one come up with it. There is quite a lot someone could do for these cars. I just don't have the knowledge to do it.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Fwiw, I'm not a fan of using the handle to lock and prefer to use the key fob. Something else I've noticed is if you wash the car (spray the door area with hose) with keys in pocket it constantly locks/unlocks!:crazy:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Fwiw, I'm not a fan of using the handle to lock and prefer to use the key fob. Something else I've noticed is if you wash the car (spray the door area with hose) with keys in pocket it constantly locks/unlocks!:crazy:
Phew, I'm not going mad! I noticed mine does this...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Phew, I'm not going mad! I noticed mine does this...
yep always makes the missus laugh when i wash the car as her focus with keyless entry etc doesn't do it calls it a cheap yank car :)

If you look at the mirrors too the left hand stalk is about an inch shorter than the right hand stalk when you fold the mirrors the left one only just misses the body work.

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Car looks good mate.

I think that you should get smaller plates for your car to show the strips better. 1 bought a set of 13" ones and it looks sooo much better.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
yep always makes the missus laugh when i wash the car as her focus with keyless entry etc doesn't do it calls it a cheap yank car :)

If you look at the mirrors too the left hand stalk is about an inch shorter than the right hand stalk when you fold the mirrors the left one only just misses the body work.
Ford penny pinching, gave all RHD cars left hand drive euro mirrors, the left mirror doesn't adjust far enough to give a clear view unlike the right-hand side.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Ford penny pinching, gave all RHD cars left hand drive euro mirrors, the left mirror doesn't adjust far enough to give a clear view unlike the right-hand side.
Oh, not just mine then! Pretty shocking, would have been easy enough for them to sort:frusty:

On a similar note,does anyone else struggle to see with the rear view mirror? It won't adjust upwards enough to get a clear view...even with my seat quite low:headbonk:
Sponsored