Nick4u

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1; Black
Good Afternoon All,

I recently encountered the A/C fluctuation on my 2020 Mustang GT PP1 with 9k miles. On both auto and standard (1-7 manually selected blower speeds) modes, there is an audible fluctuation in the force of the air coming out of the vents. At random intervals, the AC will sound like its been turned up, down, up, up, down without me touching the inputs. The issue does not seem to be related to any other driving conditions. I've read some threads on here talking about the blower resistor going out but have not found any guide on how to locate this piece in the passenger footwell. Has anyone given this remedy a shot? Has it worked of you? If so, are there any videos or pictures I can use to help me locate it? Anything else I may have overlooked?

I should note that outside of this fluctuation, the air blows cold and the auto functionality seems to be working as intended, bar the rapid fluctuation issue. Since the fluctuation is also present in the standard mode, I do not think this is related to an overzealous auto functionality.

Thank you for any guidance.

Nick

Edit: grammar and # of miles.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good Afternoon All,

I recently encountered the A/C fluctuation on my 2020 Mustang GT PP1 with 9k miles. On both auto and standard (1-7 manually selected blower speeds) modes, there is an audible fluctuation in the force of the air coming out of the vents. At random intervals, the AC will sound like its been turned up, down, up, up, down without me touching the inputs. The issue does not seem to be related to any other driving conditions. I've read some threads on here talking about the blower resistor going out but have not found any guide on how to locate this piece in the passenger footwell. Has anyone given this remedy a shot? Has it worked of you? If so, are there any videos or pictures I can use to help me locate it? Anything else I may have overlooked?

I should note that outside of this fluctuation, the air blows cold and the auto functionality seems to be working as intended, bar the rapid fluctuation issue. Since the fluctuation is also present in the standard mode, I do not think this is related to an overzealous auto functionality.

Thank you for any guidance.

Nick

Edit: grammar and # of miles.
@Nick4u

Here ya go, once clicked just scroll down a few posts and there's info from other M6G members for DIY repairs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-resistor-fix-inconsistent-fan-issues.122497/