Sponsored

50th anniversary Mustang marketing campaign has begun

OP
OP

StangFX

A day late but it's here... new video!

A cool little unsung hero homage to the II....
Sponsored

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Extolling the virtues of a small, lighter mustang... Hmmm, preparing the way for the smaller, lighter S550?

OP
OP

Mriley

That's what I was thinking..... that talk about bringing it back to its roots. Let's hope.

OP
OP

Melino

Have you guys seen this video Ford put together on the development of the '62 Mustang I concept? It's an interesting watch if you have the time.

Here's the description...

The cameras were rolling in 1962 as the designers, engineers and craftsmen at Ford Motor Company created a diminutive, experimental sports car dubbed the Mustang. The mid-engined two-seater was powered by a 1.5-liter V4 engine and it was introduced to the world at the United States Grand Prix at Watkins Glen, New York in October 1962. Ford brought in the great Dan Gurney to pilot this lightweight machine around the upstate New York road racing circuit.

OP
OP

StangFX

9/18/13 Video:
Carroll Shelby: King of the Road -- Mustang Countdown

For nearly 50 years, the name Shelby has been synonymous with high-performance Ford Mustangs. When Mustang first hit the streets in April 1964, it was stylish, affordable and fun to drive. But it wasn't until Carroll Shelby revealed the first GT350 early the next year that Mustang really developed a hard-core performance reputation. With drivers like world champion Sterling Moss at the wheel, Mustang soon had the on-track credibility to match its go-fast looks.

As the standard Mustangs got faster and more powerful, Carroll Shelby and his team kept ahead of the pack with later GT350s, the GT500 and GT500KR "King of the Road." Prior to his death in 2012, Shelby remained involved with high-performance Mustangs including the current 200 mph, 662-horsepower Shelby GT500.

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
A not so subtle hint of a future offering? That combined with the end of the SA GT350 potentially says a lot.

OP
OP

Pabo

They've shown the GT350 in a few videos now, it's not subtle at all. With everyone already calling it the GT350 with these last pics it's not really a big secret anymore.

Threads
Reaction score
So I saw a thread about an add campaign counting down to the mustang reveal, and we all know about the April 2014 rumors of a reveal; but Ford want's to go global right? Although all us die-hard Mustang fans will be all over a New-York Auto show reveal, or any other reveal regardless of when or where, there is really only one option for revealing the S550 to the world in a way that impacts everyone they hope to reach.

So my question to you all is, What are your super-bowl plans?

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Did Victor.Romeo actually say that the Superbowl would have a global reach?! Remember that there's nearly "no" interested in this American "football" over here ;)

(Unless there's a car show in Europe around that time that I don't know of...)

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
there is really only one option for revealing the S550 to the world in a way that impacts everyone they hope to reach.

So my question to you all is, What are your super-bowl plans?
Ya, we may call it the "World Championship" but I don't think there's much global impact for an ad during the superbowl. I think it's still going to be an auto show reveal with heavy advertising before/after.

Now, a nice teaser for the superbowl could happen.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, I wouldn't even have a clue where/when the Superbowl is :p

OP
OP

Diesel

I actually think it's a good idea. Few things are more American than mustangs and football. It won't resonate globally but what would? The auto show reveal will get enough press on a global scale. For inside the U.S. there's nothing that could be better than a superbowl ad to reach the masses.

Even better how about Ford sponsors it and has an S550 during the halftime show? :headbang:
Sponsored