enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Really pretentious thing to say. Driving it a bit harder than most should not lead to catastrophic failure at any time, period.
Just personal opinion is all. There is a difference in driving a bit hard and what the gentleman that owns the car was saying. :cheers:
Sponsored

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
If I offended you in anyway I do apologize. I just think in a different way when it comes to cars is all especially breaking them in. If you can afford the car then you deserve it by all means. If it seems like I came off saying that those that don't do things by the book then they don't deserve the car I assure you that was not at all what I meant. :cheers:
I'm not offended in anyway so all is cool but reread your post and think about it....Peace and joy to all......Steve

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'm not offended in anyway so all is cool but reread your post and think about it....Peace and joy to all......Steve
You do have a point. I may have overstepped my boundaries but I still believe in what I stated. Anyway, hopefully he gets it fixed soon and its on the road so he can enjoy it.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just personal opinion is all. There is a difference in driving a bit hard and what the gentleman that owns the car was saying. :cheers:
I read the whole thread on the other forum, didnt see anything that would warrant catastrophic failure of the motor.

The break in procedure is short and sweet and not at all detailed by ford, with no mention of an RPM limit, just no extended WOT. Plus numerous owners on here have had their car on a dyno within the first 100 miles with no issue.

BREAKING-IN
Your vehicle requires a break-in period.
Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi
(160 km) before performing extended wide
open throttle maneuvers and at least
1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance
or competition conditions.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
for the regular Mustang GT, Ford is very vague about engine break-in. Just a few sentences buried at the back of the owners guide. Almost like anything is fair game. Even if the owner WOT, he wasn't doing that for long, on public road. Just brief pulses. And its winter time, so its not like he got the engine too hot. Someone bolting on a PD S/C is going to load up their motor more than that. My guess it the motor had a defect.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Honestly, it doesn't even sound like you hit redline. Maybe 7000RPM?

Remember peeps, you don't have to bury the tach to do a decent burnout/donut.

Now I'll admit that rifling off a full speed, pedal to the floor pull right out of the dealership isn't exactly the greatest of ideas, think of the abuse that Lethal's and VMP's cars have already seen.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, it doesn't even sound like you hit redline. Maybe 7000RPM?

Remember peeps, you don't have to bury the tach to do a decent burnout/donut.

Now I'll admit that rifling off a full speed, pedal to the floor pull right out of the dealership isn't exactly the greatest of ideas, think of the abuse that Lethal's and VMP's cars have already seen.
You are correct, I never even hit 7000 RPM in this video.

It is not necessary once the wheels are spinning and it was in the 30s that day.

Car never hit red line until after 100 miles.

When the Tech came to inspect the car and read the ECU he confirmed this......Steve

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Just to take any heat off the OP. I offer myself as a sacrificial lamb of an undeserving owner of a GT350 whose car broke on day 2 with 53 miles.
I almost missed this. I remember watching the original video, thinking doing donuts like that was generating a huge amount of heat, without a good way to get rid of the heat. On a brand new engine. And now I learn the car broke ? :headbonk: What was the failure?

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost missed this. I remember watching the original video, thinking doing donuts like that was generating a huge amount of heat, without a good way to get rid of the heat. On a brand new engine. And now I learn the car broke ? :headbonk: What was the failure?

With all due respect u r kidding right, the car never got hot, we are talking 10 seconds a short break and 13 seconds and done in 30 degree weather.

The motor was found to be just fine. When the mechanic went to take the motor out for replacement, he had a hard time separating the motor from the bell housing.

After a struggle he found the reason. 1 of 12 bolts that hold the bell housing to the transmission had come loose and fell to the bottom of the bell housing.

Then it worked its way back to the flywheel where it was caught and wedged between the flywheel and bell housing thus locking up the drivetrain.

The motor was fine and the tranny was fine. The bolt must have been missed and was only hand tight by a few threads during assembly as it came out on day 2 at 53 miles. That video represents the total of all burnouts performed on this car to date.....Steve

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
After a struggle he found the reason. 1 of 12 bolts that hold the bell housing to the transmission had come loose and fell to the bottom of the bell housing.
I remember reading about that. I didn't make the connection. You were more patient than average. I did enjoy the donut video :thumbsup:

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
I think its badass that a new GT350 owner actually used his car like it was intended to. Things break, shit happens, oh well. He has a fast car, it's meant to be driven fast.

I think most new GT350 owners are 60+ years old and put around a few miles each weekend if the weather is perfect, then park their poor GT350's in the garage and let them sit. I say drive the piss out of them. My 04 Cobra had 6 miles on it and I was beating on it hard. Now has 72,xxx miles still running strong on stock block.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
This bell housing business, is it safe to say that any car with that issue would crap out early on, so if you've already done 2k miles you should be fine?

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This bell housing business, is it safe to say that any car with that issue would crap out early on, so if you've already done 2k miles you should be fine?
I can only speculate as to how far that bolt was in at time of manufacture.

If it was seated and not torqued, its hard to understand how long it would take, if ever for the bolt to back out.

I am sure there are those on this board who know far more than I on this subject.

I speculate that mine could only have been partially seated for it to come out so soon.......Steve
Sponsored