Sponsored

5.0 Exhaust Rattle

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
Mine just started rattling this week, took it to my local exhaust guys put it up on the hoist and its definitely coming from the resonator.

Unfortunately my dealer isnt taking anyone in over the NYE period so just have to wait until first week of January. Mid Jan I'm replacing it with a FRPP Quad system anyway.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Same Issue

I had the same issue and it kept getting louder. Brought the car into the dealer today and they determined it was a broken baffle in the resonator. Even with my Cat-back exhaust they said they would replace the resonator as it didn't cause the issue (very awesome and unlike most dealers).

I am curious as to how they will replace just the resonator as the axle-back is welded on and I believe the resonator back through the mufflers is one piece. Please correct me if I am wrong. Worst case they give me my axle-back and I get it reinstalled I suppose.

PS. I am really happy that this was the only problem as the noise sounds terrible. I tried tightening the ball joint clamp but that had no effect.

Last edited:

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had the same issue and it kept getting louder. Brought the car into the dealer today and they determined it was a broken baffle in the resonator. Even with my Cat-back exhaust they said they would replace the resonator as it didn't cause the issue (very awesome and unlike most dealers).

I am curious as to how they will replace just the resonator as the catback is welded on and I believe the resonator back through the mufflers is one piece. Please correct me if I am wrong. Worst case they give me my catback and I get it reinstalled I suppose.

PS. I am really happy that this was the only problem as the noise sounds terrible. I tried tightening the ball joint clamp but that had no effect.
You have an axle-back if you still have the original resonator.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You have an axle-back if you still have the original resonator.
Haha, obviously :frusty:. Sorry a little scatter-brained today. Probably made the mistake after shopping for Cat-Back systems all night once I determined the resonator was the issue.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

I am curious as to how they will replace just the resonator as the axle-back is welded on and I believe the resonator back through the mufflers is one piece. Please correct me if I am wrong. Worst case they give me my axle-back and I get it reinstalled I suppose.

Update!!!
Got the car back today. They cut the factory resonator out and put a new one in and clamped up my aftermarket axle-back onto the pipes coming out of the new resonator.

That terrible sound is gone and my exhaust sounds the same if not better (with a working resonator).
Sponsored