OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I've already undone all of that and reinstalled everything per the instructions. Same result. No running light. Only brake and backup.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I've already undone all of that and reinstalled everything per the instructions. Same result. No running light. Only brake and backup.
We do not recommend soldering or cutting the kit in any way. The seal makes the connection to the factory socket tight, but it just needs to be pushed in- you may not actually hear the click. Based on what you described, cutting the wire/soldering etc, it sounds like the output terminal was shorted at some point, either with the iron or just while cutting/moving the wire, while the kit was plugged in, which probably killed the low-power function. Please contact us for assistance, and we'll be sure to help you get it fixed: [email protected] We will probably just need to replace the control harness.

As every kit is thoroughly tested for all functions before shipping, I'm sure a replacement will get you back up and running in no time!

Thanks,
Paul

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I appreciate your reply and will be in touch.

Just to note, the soldering iron never came into contact with the DD harness, or anything connected to the DD harness. All I soldered was a wire to the middle prong in OEM bulb housing while it was on my workbench and not plugged into anything. The wire connection to the DD red terminal wire was made with Posi-tap connectors (solderless).

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic
Hey all,

Got my 4th brake light kit yesterday and trying to install today. I must be dumb or something lol. How do you remove the 4th brake light bulb harness so I can push the rubber piece out of the middle hole? I've been trying to detach the two for like 15 minutes lol. Appreciate any help!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
Never mind...this dumbass figured it out lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sponsored

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
Got it installed!

Looks great. Actually had a cop roll up next to me last night. He told me to roll down my windows and I was like, "Here we go...what did I do this time?!?" He told me cool brake lights and where did I get them? Guess he had a Mustang too haha. Video of it in action if you'd like to see. Don't know how to embed a video in this forum

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm curious...I don't see it having been discussed anywhere.. Is the color of the brake/stop light the same as the factory?

Thanks in advance...
RD

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)

I think it's pretty close

Edit: sorry, should've cropped before posting pic but I was lazy and just took a screenshot lol

I'm curious...I don't see it having been discussed anywhere.. Is the color of the brake/stop light the same as the factory?

Thanks in advance...
RD

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[MENTION=18781]ucLAKings[/MENTION]......

Thanks very much!

RoadDog
Sponsored