Sponsored

4-piston brakes for the rears

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Does anyone (Brembo, Wilwood, Baer, etc.) manufacture a 4-piston brake upgrade kit for the rear brakes, esp. for PP models?
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
The big issue is the parking brake. Wilwood uses a second caliper that is mechanical that operates the larking brake.

I did a Wilwood upgrade on my Corvette and the parking brake uses brake shoes inside the rear rotor and that makes the upgrade much easier.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
is the rear similar enough on the gt350 and the standard GT in order to retrofit the rear brakes?

I know the fronts are very different, but what about the rearend?

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
You can actually fit the rear GT350 and the R brakes on the regular GT but the problem is the GT350 chassis uses a drum brake setup for the e-brake. The standard mustang chassis uses the actuation of the piston for the e-brake. When you pull the e-brake, it pushes the single piston to the rotors (and the brake pads clamp down on the rotor).

So yes, you can do it, but you will need to change up the e-brake setup as well. I was looking to do the same not too long ago. It ended up being too costly to do this with no guarantee for fitment so I gave up on it and learned to be happy with the standard GT rear brakes.

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Baer does, just picked mine up!!! They look so badass!! Can't wait to do some testing and then get the Baers on and do more testing!!!

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Baer does, just picked mine up!!! They look so badass!! Can't wait to do some testing and then get the Baers on and do more testing!!!
I see the 6 piston setup, but when you click on the instructions it doesn't work. What did you do about the parking brake?

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I haven't installed them yet, but its and drum setup. I may just leave it off?
Sponsored