Sponsored

350R Owners... Regrets or Remorse?

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I’ve never been a Ford fan... until i saw a GT350 out in the wild. I loved the look so i hot to researching everything about it. Ended up buying a 350 and 6 months later, traded that in for the R.

Obviously i lost some money doing it that way but i have absolutely zero regret about the R purchase. Most fun and entertaining car i’ve ever owned and don’t plan to resell it.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I sold my 16 to get into the 19R. I had zero intentions of selling my car but, when opportunity presents itself, sometime you change plans. I only regret I have to wait :)

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I think the only regrets or remorse you'll ever run across here is the non-R guys that didn't buy an R.
i cant fit in the recaro seats or else id have waited for an R.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I think the only regrets or remorse you'll ever run across here is the non-R guys that didn't buy an R.
That would be me but I am fixing it next year with a 2019 R :)

This was my first Ford. I never considered one before it (now I have 2 :) ). Not many cars managed to make me have it in less than 3 minutes into a test-drive that was done purely on a whim. When it comes to the pure driving experience very few come close, and I am even more convinced of that 2 years later. So I am upgrading to a R that I intend to keep for a very long time.

OP
OP
BoostinFD

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I think if I could get a 19 R, at msrp, I would do it in a sec. However, I feel because of the interior changes, the ADM’s will be back on.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350R, 2004 Black Cobra, 2015 Graphite Jeep SRT
OP, like you I’ve got an 04 Cobra and I also have a Jeep SRT as my daily driver. Prior to my R I had a C6 grand sport corvette, but out of all of them in my short time with the R it just has this mystique imo that is so intoxicating and it just puts a smile on my face every time. Not that the others don’t, but it’s just different with the R, I can’t quite explain it, but even other brand loyalist appreciate it. I had a couple of Porsche GT3 owners and M series car guys checking it out and being very complimentary. Maybe it’s the rarity, who knows. Like another member stated, the only regret I have is that I live in the northeast so it’ll be awhile before I drive it again, but for me it’ll be in my garage for a long while. If I’m in your shoes I’m picking up another one while you can.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have owned both Camaros and Corvettes over the years and none had the “soul” that a Shelby has. I had an 08 GT500 and now my 17 GT350 and the Shelby’s are just very special to drive and own

The only car that even came close was a 1991 ZR1 Corvette

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I havent been a Ford guy, except for a Harley F150 that I owned for a couple of yrs (2010-2012). But I rented a Mustang GT on a TX trip this summer and was impressed enough to start shopping around. I was initially attracted to the Bullitt but the markups eventually lead me looking at and then buying a 2018 GT350R. I’ve had a Porsche 911 Turbo in the past, but this is a really special car even compared to that - and I have absolutely no regrets. I switched out the rims and tires (boxed them up) to Vibe Repica Rims with Michelin PIlot Sport 4S tires and use it as a daily driver. My only current project is deciding what’s the best rpm setting for the shift point indicator around town. Currently set at 4700 (5800 was way too high ... but I tried).

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
buying a 2018 GT350R. I’ve had a Porsche 911 Turbo in the past, but this is a really special car even compared to that - and I have absolutely no regrets
I always find it amazing, encouraging, impressive for those with Porsches (or who had Porsches), then owning a GT350 and giving it praise. I am curious in what ways the Shelby is so "special" even vis a vis the 911 Turbo?

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I always find it amazing, encouraging, impressive for those with Porsches (or who had Porsches), then owning be like. a GT350 and giving it praise. I am curious in what ways the Shelby is so "special" even vis a vis the 911 Turbo?
The turbo was nice as an engine, but the non-linear acceleration is really fairly useless around town, so seldom used. Thus, I was sort of always wondering what a good straight aspiration engine would be like. Plus the engine sounds are completely and unbelievably different (I love the GT350R’s), and on the right country roads the handling isn’t that much different between the two cars. I know the interiors are vastly different, but I’m quite good with that... I wouldn’t expect a great track car to be designed to waste a lot of money on its interior. I’m very happy to have had the chance to have a GT350R as my sole Mustang up to this point.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I sold my 16 to get into the 19R. I had zero intentions of selling my car but, when opportunity presents itself, sometime you change plans. I only regret I have to wait :)
When's your car going to be delivered? Not exactly the best of weather right now.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I always find it amazing, encouraging, impressive for those with Porsches (or who had Porsches), then owning a GT350 and giving it praise. I am curious in what ways the Shelby is so "special" even vis a vis the 911 Turbo?
I think a '70's turbo is one thing. A 99x 911 Turbo? Eh. Maybe. A GT3 RS on the other hand....

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I think a '70's turbo is one thing. A 99x 911 Turbo? Eh. Maybe. A GT3 RS on the other hand....
I agree on the GT3 RS, but it’s also about 3X the cost of a GT350R. My Turbo was a 2012, nice but not collectible, and Porsche 911’s are fairly run of the mill in my area (outside DC), all reasons to enjoy the GT350R.
Sponsored