Sponsored

3.73 gear swap or GT350 Manifold?

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Cheers.

Spoke with Lund again today, the entire tuning team now has the 350 TB tables as Jon II is now happy with drive ability.

So I am gonna get 350 IM & 350 TB and drop Lund the $50 to have my tune adjusted to suite. Will add LT headers later in the year. :)
I just loaded the new LUND TB revision yesterday . anyone on the fence with the gt350 manifold AND throttle body , jump in with both feet . More responsive everywhere in the load and rpm range over the stock manifold and throttle body .
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Awesome!!!
Sure is!

They said on the latest revisions with 350 TB they are now seeing gains from 3000rpm upwards and those gains get stronger from 5500rpm with massive gains above 7000rpm.

In short any loss if any is below 3000rpm and minimal and the torque curve is flatter on the 350 IM/TB and power a little more linear so in theory should drive nicer. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just loaded the new LUND TB revision yesterday . anyone on the fence with the gt350 manifold AND throttle body , jump in with both feet . More responsive everywhere in the load and rpm range over the stock manifold and throttle body .

Yeah they mentioned yourself, hehe.
Saying they'd use your tune as my base and make alterations necessary to suite my car and then datalog from there. :)

In short they said I should feel no losses and over 3000rpm gains should be felt with the real improvements from 5500rpm upwards. :)

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
All this talk about the GT 350 IM and TB...so II just bought a set just now, lol!! I don't use Lund tho. So I got the spacer just in case my tuner has issues with it! We'll see soon enough!!

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I went from 2.73 3.5L to 3.73 5.0L

The only thing I miss is city gas mileage and smoother shifts, but apparently that will smooth out over time

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
SH*T!!!! Why did you have to post that?!?!? I was perfectly happy with my stock TB on my 350 IM, UUUUGH!!!!!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yeah they mentioned yourself, hehe.
Saying they'd use your tune as my base and make alterations necessary to suite my car and then datalog from there. :)

In short they said I should feel no losses and over 3000rpm gains should be felt with the real improvements from 5500rpm upwards. :)
And your post isn't helping any, either!!!

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
I ordered mine! I cant wait!!!!!!

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
And your post isn't helping any, either!!!
this revision is great , i had the gt throttle body and adapter at one point . then the gt350 TB . the 350 TB is so much more responsive . with the GT350 TB design ,the imrc and the vct dialed , there is no comparison . i run my car hard and this last map surprised the hell out of me. just looking at my airflow curve , i have gained through my whole map .i almost want to do a dyno and im a cheapskate .

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
this revision is great , i had the gt throttle body and adapter at one point . then the gt350 TB . the 350 TB is so much more responsive . with the GT350 TB design ,the imrc and the vct dialed , there is no comparison . i run my car hard and this last map surprised the hell out of me. just looking at my airflow curve , i have gained through my whole map .i almost want to do a dyno and im a cheapskate .
No surging? Smooth through the whole RPM range? Responsive when you punch it?

Sponsored

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Will run 10.5 n/a just with the switch of a throttle body

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No surging? Smooth through the whole RPM range? Responsive when you punch it?
He said its more response, the throttle body is 80mm for higher speed velocity to improve throttle response and partial throttle loads. When WOT you get the advantage of 87mm, so in theory the car should drive and feel much better on a well tuned 350 setup. :)

OP
OP
Terminator2

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ok you sold me. It's not a very expensive throttle body at least.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I knew that they would figure it out sooner or later...this will be my next mod. Great reading all of the reviews of satisfied customers. Yeah buddy! For a sleeper, you could get the 350 mani painted in gray and the unsuspecting eye would never notice :D
Sure is!

They said on the latest revisions with 350 TB they are now seeing gains from 3000rpm upwards and those gains get stronger from 5500rpm with massive gains above 7000rpm.

In short any loss if any is below 3000rpm and minimal and the torque curve is flatter on the 350 IM/TB and power a little more linear so in theory should drive nicer. :)