3.55 Swap with a Gen 2 and a Centri

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey all I currently have a Gen 2 6R80 car with 3.15s and a ESS G3X with all the usual stuff detailed in my dig. I was looking at moving over to a 3.55 pumpkin to get the car up in the rpms sooner and keep it there. I had a couple quesitons though.

1. Have other centri guys seen improvements with a 3.55 swap? Worth the hassle?
2. I see there are cast iron pumpkins and aluminum pumpkins, my stock is aluminum and i was tihnking id rather keep it that way for weight and such. Any reason why id want to look into a cast iron?
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Hey all I currently have a Gen 2 6R80 car with 3.15s and a ESS G3X with all the usual stuff detailed in my dig. I was looking at moving over to a 3.55 pumpkin to get the car up in the rpms sooner and keep it there. I had a couple quesitons though.

2. I see there are cast iron pumpkins and aluminum pumpkins, my stock is aluminum and i was tihnking id rather keep it that way for weight and such. Any reason why id want to look into a cast iron?
The aluminum pumpkins have been known to crack the ears where it bolts to the subframe on hard launches, especially on prepped surfaces with sticky tires. Why not just go with the 3.73 Torsen unit from the PP cars? No clutches to wear out, Iron pumpkin, quicker acceleration

OP
OP
Whitedevil95

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whitedevil95

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The aluminum pumpkins have been known to crack the ears where it bolts to the subframe on hard launches, especially on prepped surfaces with sticky tires. Why not just go with the 3.73 Torsen unit from the PP cars? No clutches to wear out, Iron pumpkin, quicker acceleration
I was thinking 3.73 might be a little too steep for me. But I do like the idea of the Torsen Diff.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT

i'm in the same boat. Looking to swap out rears from 3.15 to 3.55s iron. I have roush phase 2 blower.
Anthony

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I was thinking 3.73 might be a little too steep for me. But I do like the idea of the Torsen Diff.
well, you could always put a taller tire on the rear if needed

Pk64f100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I have ‘19 GT cs and it came with 315 it is good on the mpg but definitely little sluggish what size tire would help I have 255/40R19 ?
Sponsored