2nd AC issue in 8,500 miles

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I just watched the video of your claimed brake vibration. That is the result of the brakes pads vibrating within the caliper due to cold friction compounds and light application pressure. Does it go away after the brakes warm up? If so, then that's a normal characteristic of the high performance calipers and brake pads used on the Performance Pack models. It's nothing that requires repair.

As far as the transmission "grind", can you post a video? I find it very hard to believe that your transmission grinds when shifting and the dealer won't help. As far as being "notorious" that is quite an overstatement, I've driven plenty of MT-82's and never had any grinding issues. Does it grind only in certain gears? Does it grind if you shift gears with the engine running at a stop and the clutch fully depressed?

Why don't you post some pictures of your claimed body panel misalignments? It seems that people on this site feed into each other regarding this issue and blow it way out of proportion.
No the brakes only vibrate after about minutes of driving. I will post a video of the grind give me a minute. As for the body panels my dealer has acknowledged they are misaligned and I have a service record that states "normal characteristics" because all the other mustangs on their lot have misaligned rear glass and hood and fenders.

Sponsored

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have seen several post of people talking about the trans grinding. Mine grinds in 2nd and 3rd. I plan on taking it in after the holidays to get it looked at and documented. 1600 miles and no mods. Probably should have taken it in sooner.

Marcos_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos Abruna
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Oxford White
My A/C compressor stopped working at 8.5k miles :p
They fixed it like 2 weeks ago but this is my 4th time with a/c problem between my 2011 and the 2015.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I have seen several post of people talking about the trans grinding. Mine grinds in 2nd and 3rd. I plan on taking it in after the holidays to get it looked at and documented. 1600 miles and no mods. Probably should have taken it in sooner.
Mine started with 2-3 at first but then moved to 5-6th the more miles I got on the car. 2-3 still grind but 5-6 is much worse.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Mine started with 2-3 at first but then moved to 5-6th the more miles I got on the car. 2-3 still grind but 5-6 is much worse.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
:focus:

this thread is supposed to be for AC Issue. You can start a new thread for your manual transmission issue. Maybe capture video of the symptoms for our viewing pleasure.

Well, after looking at the current thread, its mostly non-AC related. OP may need to start new thread as well. :eek:

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
nevermind, I just noticed you are the OP. :headbonk:

although it would still be better to be a separate thread for each issue

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
nevermind, I just noticed you are the OP. :headbonk:

although it would still be better to be a separate thread for each issue
It only got off topic because someone asked about other issues I'm having with the car. I couldn't open enough threads to cover every issue I have with this car.

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Today I noticed my front defroster is continuously blowing air at one speed. I can't get any of the other functions to change the speed and no matter which one is switched the front defroster stays on. Perfect timing for the winter.
Sponsored