22 S550 Tracking Thread

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
I have you beat by a full month, fellow sufferer. My order was placed and confirmed on 3/29. No VIN, no build date, nothing except two "Dear John" letters from Ford on 7/2 and 8/20.

Not a terribly exotic build: 401a GT premium, Grabber blue, with automatic transmission.

Seems to have been a mistake to order from Chapman, a mistake I urge everyone not to make.
Ouch.....let's keep our fingers crossed.
Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
I ordered 4/25 in Dearborn, MI. I've heard crickets since. Two generic "we're sorry we haven't told you anything, here's no new information" emails are the only communication I've had from Ford. I've called my dealer, and they tell me my order is priority 10, but who knows if they are actually going to have any units allocated. Hoping for good news by the end of the week, but at the same time, trying not to get my hopes up.
I totally feel your pain.......

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just checked my status and I am IN PRODUCTION!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
My car is home, I am one happy dude, and it is beautiful! More in a few days!! Two pictures from the parking lot at the dealer!!!

40E25BBD-FB75-4715-9FEF-1AA1A077A1B4.jpeg

CC41D99A-CD85-408E-A3E9-61FA54640433.jpeg
Wow, she is Gorgeous!!!! Love the Rapid Red over the tomato/Race Red. If they made the Mach1 in that color it would have made it a tough choice. My wife would probably pick yours over ours, she loves vert.s and red cars.

We'll be up in your area this weekend, Lord willing and the crick don't rise.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I’ll get back in the area Friday evening — if possible I’ll try to meet up with you guys. Even if just briefly that would be great! I’m around home after Friday evening!!
Wow, she is Gorgeous!!!! We'll be up in your area this weekend, Lord willing and the crick don't rise.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I’ll get back in the area Friday evening — if possible I’ll try to meet up with you guys. Even if just briefly that would be great! I’m around home after Friday evening!!
We will be at the Shelby American Collection in Boulder Saturday around lunch time. PM me if you think you can make it, I'll give you my number. Flying to Iowa tomorrow morning!

H.O.T.A. Death

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Performance Package 6 Speed Manual
Can’t keep up with Ford’s changes. Got the “built” update yesterday with an email and new eta delivery. Now it already switched at some point today to shipped lol. Either way hopefully coming very soon!
Can others please tell me how long it took for your car to get to you once it showed “shipped” on the tracker?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
3 weeks for me, south FL. That was last year.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
And now it's BUILT! The date reflects yesterday. Complete timeline in signature, but it looks I'm aligned to typical timeframes other reported.

Guys, what an emotional rollercoaster, I feel like I'm back in high school and fallen for a girl... incredible. :cwl:

Sponsored

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
And now it's BUILT! The date reflects yesterday. Complete timeline in signature, but it looks I'm aligned to typical timeframes other reported.

Guys, what an emotional rollercoaster, I feel like I'm back in high school and fallen for a girl... incredible. :cwl:
Wow that timeline in your sig sounds gut wrenching, 😂. Glad it’s almost over for you.

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
Well I found a 2019 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance package with only 17,xxx miles for $10,000 cheaper than the 2022 would have cost me. Wish everyone still waiting for their orders luck!
That’s looks badass. I did the same!

A1A7DA06-56A1-4ABB-8320-1D8B8A21FD0C.jpeg

8F32576D-0695-4DA4-8A32-D0BDED1F3F1D.jpeg

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Wow that timeline in your sig sounds gut wrenching, 😂. Glad it’s almost over for you.
I will not say that's almost over. It's an export version to Italy.
This means that it will make Flat Rock (MI) -> Newark (NJ, where it's prepared for shipping) -> Some ship -> Somewhere in Europe, customs -> Possibly multiple kind of transportations (through many states) to my dealer -> me.

Just keep me in your prayers. 😩

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I will not say that's almost over. It's an export version to Italy.
This means that it will make Flat Rock (MI) -> Newark (NJ, where it's prepared for shipping) -> Some ship -> Somewhere in Europe, customs -> Possibly multiple kind of transportations (through many states) to my dealer -> me.

Just keep me in your prayers. 😩
Here's hoping all that doesn't take forever. But at least when it arrives, you'll be living the dream, driving a V8 Mustang in Italy!

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Got my window sticker! Blend date of 8/30 and 141/416.
Sponsored