'21 GT PP convertible (daily/track)

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
can you please show a few pictures of what it looks like?
Here I'll show you the original inspiration, MRTWSTR. Fyi while Watson says the roll bar is removable it takes some effort and it only comes out one way, I think passenger side. For me and my gal I'm adding a custom made rear seat delete then the bar goes back in. For road trips if you want to put stuff in the back seat just lower the top! LOL

btw that is not me near the car but that is me with the helmet!

IMG_7324.JPG

IMG_7461.jpg

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Here I'll show you the original inspiration, MRTWSTR. Fyi while Watson says the roll bar is removable it takes some effort and it only comes out one way, I think passenger side. For me and my gal I'm adding a custom made rear seat delete then the bar goes back in. For road trips if you want to put stuff in the back seat just lower the top! LOL

btw that is not me near the car but that is me with the helmet!

IMG_7324.JPG

IMG_7461.jpg
Thank you! Actually, I was more specifically interested in the picture of where you'd have to cut the back seat. But I adore you pictures, and thank you for the inspiration! Your car is absolutely beautiful.

Honestly, I don't care about the back seats at all. And I would rather convert them into some sort of cargo space if ever possible. But I'm a bit concerned about the resale value because I don't want to keep this car forever.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Actually, I was more specifically interested in the picture of where you'd have to cut the back seat. But I adore you pictures, and thank you for the inspiration! Your car is absolutely beautiful.

Honestly, I don't care about the back seats at all. And I would rather convert them into some sort of cargo space if ever possible. But I'm a bit concerned about the resale value because I don't want to keep this car forever.
Ah, so first thank you for the compliments. Next the cutting is really around the door panels at the bottom. The passenger side is very, very tight and the side panel needs cutting. As for the seats I have mine stored, if I were (but never!) to sell I'll remove the roll bar and reinstall the seats. btw that trunk organizer is great! I got one like it on amazon that has a cooler section. I take to the track. Just lift the whole thing out before going. LOL.

btw Watsons YouTubes don't focus on where to cut much either, just fluff it off so you don't freak out and don't buy it. Trust me zipping around the track with the top down is the buzz of a lifetime!

Sponsored

OP
OP
quirkynature

quirkynature

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP 'Vert

The cutting is really around the bottom of the door panels.

Part of the deal after installing the roll bar is that the seatbelt doesn't quite fit properly, but there's no rattling I've heard.

I don't think it'd be noticeable at first glance or so - the seat isn't cut and it'll cover the panel gaps.

20230513_112525.jpg

20230513_112544.jpg

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
The cutting is really around the bottom of the door panels.

Part of the deal after installing the roll bar is that the seatbelt doesn't quite fit properly, but there's no rattling I've heard.

I don't think it'd be noticeable at first glance or so - the seat isn't cut and it'll cover the panel gaps.

20230513_112525.jpg

20230513_112544.jpg
Thanks! So, you don't really cut into seat cushion, just the panel? That looks fine to me.

Final question, perhaps. How bad does it obstruct rear view, especially with the top closed?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! So, you don't really cut into seat cushion, just the panel? That looks fine to me.

Final question, perhaps. How bad does it obstruct rear view, especially with the top closed?
I've had mine in for a year no issues.

OP
OP
quirkynature

quirkynature

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP 'Vert

Correct, you'll need to cut into the plastic panel.

As gone_n_60 said, it doesn't obstruct the view in the mirror. Top up or down - there's no visibility issues at all. I'll post comparative pictures in the next few days.

OP
OP
quirkynature

quirkynature

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP 'Vert

I took pictures from where my eye would be during regular driving, so this is what I see when I glance at the mirror.

Top down -
20230522_074108.jpg

Top up -
20230522_074128.jpg

I'd say the soft top obstructs more view in the back than the bar.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
I took pictures from where my eye would be during regular driving, so this is what I see when I glance at the mirror.

Top down -
20230522_074108.jpg

Top up -
20230522_074128.jpg

I'd say the soft top obstructs more view in the back than the bar.
True!
Sponsored