• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2011 Mustang GT, 2016 Mustang V6, DH ordered
Here is my preliminary wish list:

1) Analog instrument do not need boot time - this electronic LCD touch dash needs faster boot on start.
2) Add back lighting to the door sills on the DH
3) Update the switch panel that has the volume control and 5 other buttons to better quality switch and add rotary knob for fan blower speed.
4) Would be great if all the EATC functions had their own switch panel removed from the upper touch screen.
5) If (4) can't be done can EATC buttons have their own full screen with larger button areas (for people with larger fingers) that can pop up under voice control.
6) Can we have voice control command like "SHOW FULL SCREEN" followed by EATC or Navigation or Radio, or Trip Status or Weather map or Tire pressure, etc.
7) Ability to shut-off all the greetings and other interior light features for dark stealth mode of entry into the vehicle
8) Can we get a manual jack into the trunk to work together with the security lug nuts if a wheel needs to be removed.
Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
The only thing I'd want right away that aren't exterior/interior colors are climate controls (car and seat) available as physical buttons/knobs alongside touchscreen access, and black Brembos and Magneride for non-Performance Pack models.

Besides those, I'd like to see:

1. Eurostyle taillights (but keep the red sequential turn signals and brake lights)

2. Metallic White/Metallic Green exterior paint (Gotta Have It Green and Emerald Green [but clearly visible during the day] would be ideal!)

3. A cool tone grey leather[ette]/ActiveX interior (Space Grey has an unappealing off-white look in sunlight for me.)

4. Terminator Cobra, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, or GT350(R) custom gauges

5. Power seat for passenger side on 301A? (But at the same time, I think manual as is would be a lot quicker to set up for the passenger.)

6. A three spoke rim (preferably in aluminum, Gunmetal, or black with Machined Face) similar to what was on the SN95 Mustangs, but modernized.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Let me mix and match ford performance options from the factory. If fp offers it allow it as an option - wish list. Let me option the dh bits for my gt as long as the rod is the same, if you know what i mean.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think the option of a “dark” gauge screen that removes the grayish color around stuff would be nice. I would love to see physical controls for HVAC, but I doubt that will happen. This is also a long shot, but I would like some sort of option that replaces the fake carbon fiber with something else. I would happily pay extra to get rid of that stuff.

I would also love to see a metallic competition orange (or similar).

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Here is my preliminary wish list:

1) Analog instrument do not need boot time - this electronic LCD touch dash needs faster boot on start.
2) Add back lighting to the door sills on the DH
3) Update the switch panel that has the volume control and 5 other buttons to better quality switch and add rotary knob for fan blower speed.
4) Would be great if all the EATC functions had their own switch panel removed from the upper touch screen.
5) If (4) can't be done can EATC buttons have their own full screen with larger button areas (for people with larger fingers) that can pop up under voice control.
6) Can we have voice control command like "SHOW FULL SCREEN" followed by EATC or Navigation or Radio, or Trip Status or Weather map or Tire pressure, etc.
7) Ability to shut-off all the greetings and other interior light features for dark stealth mode of entry into the vehicle
8) Can we get a manual jack into the trunk to work together with the security lug nuts if a wheel needs to be removed.
Besides knobs you can turn and push instead of looking at fingerprints or a black screen I like to see a 5.8 for some much needed bottom end and mid range TORQUE the Coyote lacks , a chassis that is at least as good as the alpha , a front end that fits with the rest of the car and looks more Mustang And better interior materials and build Quality would be appreciated too especially how expensive these formerly S550 $40K cars have become…Then Mustangs future should be bright as a shark in the sea of electric boredom !

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a front end that fits with the rest of the car and
not to derail but isnt that one of the problems with the c8. Sorry, back to topic.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Add rearview mirror to memory recall settings

Iceman28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse
Put the oil pressure and battery gauges on the instrument cluster's and retro fit it on the 24's.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Besides knobs you can turn and push instead of looking at fingerprints or a black screen I like to see a 5.8 for some much needed bottom end and mid range TORQUE the Coyote lacks , a chassis that is at least as good as the alpha , a front end that fits with the rest of the car and looks more Mustang And better interior materials and build Quality would be appreciated too especially how expensive these formerly S550 $40K cars have become…Then Mustangs future should be bright as a shark in the sea of electric boredom !
The troll strikes again :crackup:

240 posts of which at least 239 mention a 5.8 V8.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
A CD player and/or auxiliary input jack so our only option isn't music other people think is good (aka radio), and adverts for **** I'm not vaguely interested in. Just sayin.........................:wink:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
A CD player and/or auxiliary input jack so our only option isn't music other people think is good (aka radio), and adverts for **** I'm not vaguely interested in. Just sayin.........................:wink:
Use the USB port or Bluetooth. Audio jacks are long gone, as most phones don't have them any more and CD is also legacy for cars now as it is simple to put everything on a USB stick if you need it.

Come and live in a country where radio doesn't have adverts :giggle:

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
A CD player and/or auxiliary input jack
CD sales have declined so precipitously that last year (2023) in the United States, vinyl records sold 49.6 million albums while CDs only sold 36.8 million.

The Bluetooth music connection in both the S550 and S650 works great with Android and iOS, if you're willing to convert your CD music library to a lossless digital format like FLAC. Fair warning, going down the digital audiophile rabbit hole is how I wound up building an ATMOS home theater system for Dune.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
HUD would be nice 🤷🏼‍♂️