2022 Premium GT B&O Lacks Volume

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
is it just me or is the B&O really weak when it comes to volume? On Max I can have a conversation with a passenger. I have read many audio threads but none specific to this issue. If this is as good as it gets I will live with it. My friend has the Ford (?) system and it is deafening. Is there a switch or button on a hidden amplifier?
The owners manual, yootube, as well as using search engines don't help.
Screenshot_20230120-205807_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The B&O stereo leaves a lot to be desired. After taking delivery of my car, I made enhancements to mine pretty quickly and now it’s perfect for my ears.

OP
OP
Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
The B&O stereo leaves a lot to be desired. After taking delivery of my car, I made enhancements to mine pretty quickly and now it’s perfect for my ears.
Is it a hardware or programming problem? Is there a thread that you posted somewhere?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is it a hardware or programming problem? Is there a thread that you posted somewhere?
I wasn’t happy with some of the hardware. I ended up adding a 4 channel AudioControl micro amp, AudioCntrol micro subwoofer amp, Audio Control digital sound processor, PAC Audio’s AmpPro fd-21 amp interface, JL Audio Stealthbox (fits in same location of the B&O sub), Hertz DSK 165 mid bass woofers in the doors (these came with tweeters, which I installed in place of the actory tweets in the A-pillar). Yes, I did share info on here about my install, but unfortunately it’s imbedded somewhere in one or more of the many lengthy stereo threads. not sure how far you’re looking to go, but there are many options and good ways of upgrading your stereo. I’m sure others will chime in soon and give you some great advice, or you can peruse the stereo threads and see what appeals to your taste and budget.

OP
OP
Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. It looks like it is going to remain as is for now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
After a few minutes of tinkering with the infotainment center, I adjusted the fade more towards the front and the volume was much louder. I can definitely live with it as is.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Thank you. It looks like it is going to remain as is for now.
Wait till you put a recorded and mixed 70-80-early 90's c/d in that wasn't recorded loud. my Asia c/d and Foghat take a lot more volume number than later recordings.
I'm old my hearing isn't what it once was, I might skip all that required gear to tap into the system to by pass the oem amp. and just wire in an amp with line level(speaker level) inputs and build a box to house speakers behind the rear seat and tap off the rear oem speakers, so I can control the amp volume with the stock fader I just need to fab up a bracket to hold the seat backs 2" forward to allow the sound into the cabin from trunk/behind seat. At 60+ hifi perfect sound is spending good money on bad ears.
Sponsored