2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I contacted me dealer. Still no change, no VIN. The sales guy I've been dealing with almost seemed shitty that I had asked. Confirmed ETA is still 03/12 at this stage. I won't ask again now until the week prior to segmentation. Just over 3 weeks until segmentation so not much longer to wait.
I asked on Friday as well. Mines the same. No VIN yet and dates have not moved. I have to say my dealer is much better to deal with. I apologized for being a pain and asking for a new screenshot so frequently and the guy said its absolutely no issue at all. I can ask whenever I feel like it and he'll send me a new screenshot.

I guess its just luck of the draw in terms of who you deal with. I told him I really just need the VIN because then I can track most of it myself and I'll be less of a pain. I think I'll ping him again this Friday.
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
I asked on Friday as well. Mines the same. No VIN yet and dates have not moved. I have to say my dealer is much better to deal with. I apologized for being a pain and asking for a new screenshot so frequently and the guy said its absolutely no issue at all. I can ask whenever I feel like it and he'll send me a new screenshot.

I guess its just luck of the draw in terms of who you deal with. I told him I really just need the VIN because then I can track most of it myself and I'll be less of a pain. I think I'll ping him again this Friday.
Yeah I won't be asking again until the week before Segmentation. The tone from the Salesmen was not great but the Customer Care Coordinator was lovely. But the sales guy basically said "no further movement will happen until segmentation".

I'm the same as you with the VIN. I want it so I can track stuff myself and not have to bother them.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Yeah I won't be asking again until the week before Segmentation. The tone from the Salesmen was not great but the Customer Care Coordinator was lovely. But the sales guy basically said "no further movement will happen until segmentation".

I'm the same as you with the VIN. I want it so I can track stuff myself and not have to bother them.
Perhaps you should enlighten and inform the obviously smug and ignorant Salesman that - on the contrary, there is potential movement - and it is the Segmentation Date !!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
For you guys waiting on your Mustangs, you might find this expose by Carl Widman - Mustang Chief Engineer, on the the release of the 2018 Mustang interesting viewing (including the "Hawk-Eye" styling Headlights, and engine upgrades etc) while you wait.

Worth noting that at 11.00 he refers to the Rear Spoiler as "Aero Neutral" which I assume means Zero Downforce which equates to Zero Functional. If that is the case, it would just provide additional unwanted drag, which is why I did not option it on my car.

Also the Top speed is electronically Limited to 155MPH.

2018 Ford Mustang GT: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know - YouTube

Sponsored

Moobly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, Lucid Red A10 Magnaride
For you guys waiting on your Mustangs, you might find this expose by Carl Widman - Mustang Chief Engineer, on the the release of the 2018 Mustang interesting viewing (including the "Hawk-Eye" styling Headlights, and engine upgrades etc) while you wait.

Worth noting that at 11.00 he refers to the Rear Spoiler as "Aero Neutral" which I assume means Zero Downforce which equates to Zero Functional. If that is the case, it would just provide additional unwanted drag, which is why I did not option it on my car.

Also the Top speed is electronically Limited to 155MPH.

2018 Ford Mustang GT: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know - YouTube
There was quite a bit of discussion about the rear spoiler at the time. More information can be found https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-pp-rear-wing.105291/post-2274075

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps you should enlighten and inform the obviously smug and ignorant Salesman that - on the contrary, there is potential movement - and it is the Segmentation Date !!
I did try to mention this but he still felt very dismissive.

My whole process has been done via email. I have not set foot in the dealership. I initiated contact in February this year asking questions. It then took 4 months to convince the wife and crunching numbers so I initiated contact again. Ordered the car and haven't even paid a deposit.
Getting any information feels like I am asking him to take hours out of his day.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I did try to mention this but he still felt very dismissive.

My whole process has been done via email. I have not set foot in the dealership. I initiated contact in February this year asking questions. It then took 4 months to convince the wife and crunching numbers so I initiated contact again. Ordered the car and haven't even paid a deposit.
Getting any information feels like I am asking him to take hours out of his day.
Really surprising he did not hit you up for a Deposit, and it seems like he thinks he is doing you a favour by letting you buy a car - and giving him your business !

It should only take him one or two minutes to check on-line, he should be happy you are still an active client!

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Really surprising he did not hit you up for a Deposit, and it seems like he thinks he is doing you a favour by letting you buy a car - and giving him your business !

It should only take him one or two minutes to check on-line, he should be happy you are still an active client!
I asked several times for a screenshot of my order. Never got one. On one such comms I got a response that he was out of office so made contact with their customer care coordinator (CCC) who happily obliged. My latest attempt the sales guy told me he doesn't have access and only the CCC can access the order.

Not sure why he didn't ask for a deposit. I jut assumed he thought that someone who takes 4 months to decide to buy a car must be serious about buying? Haha

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I asked several times for a screenshot of my order. Never got one. On one such comms I got a response that he was out of office so made contact with their customer care coordinator (CCC) who happily obliged. My latest attempt the sales guy told me he doesn't have access and only the CCC can access the order.

Not sure why he didn't ask for a deposit. I jut assumed he thought that someone who takes 4 months to decide to buy a car must be serious about buying? Haha
He is probably correct about only the Customer Care Coordinator (or the Car Controller who places the Orders) can directly access the order Status. However that is the solution - just deal directly with the CCC in future (which is what I ended up doing).

Sponsored

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Yep. Only deal with the car controller once you have their contact details.

Also, if I was you Iā€™d be going down there and placing a deposit to secure it.

New Mustangs are rare and in demand and you donā€™t want them selling it to someone else for more money, just because itā€™s not officially yours.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Only deal with the car controller once you have their contact details.

Also, if I was you Iā€™d be going down there and placing a deposit to secure it.

New Mustangs are rare and in demand and you donā€™t want them selling it to someone else for more money, just because itā€™s not officially yours.
Although I have not paid a deposit, I do have a contract.
Iā€™ll contact the CCC the week before segmentation instead of the sales guy.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Get down there and pay a deposit (although the contract is encouraging).
I'm glad of the tone of discussion on here though. I truly dreaded coming here and seeing the worst after hearing today my dealer had to contact multiple customers and return their deposits. They wonā€™t be getting their cars. Ford AUā€™s stop order on Mustangs is finally starting to filter through and hit home.
Fingers crossed I might be seeing my unprepped car at the dealer tomorrow šŸ˜

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Get down there and pay a deposit (although the contract is encouraging).
I'm glad of the tone of discussion on here though. I truly dreaded coming here and seeing the worst after hearing today my dealer had to contact multiple customers and return their deposits. They wonā€™t be getting their cars. Ford AUā€™s stop order on Mustangs is finally starting to filter through and hit home.
Fingers crossed I might be seeing my unprepped car at the dealer tomorrow šŸ˜
I'm expecting that email any day now :(
Sponsored