2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

gaznp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 Auto Velocity Blue
Most likely their sat nav maps were out of date and they turned right at Albuquerque
Pity the Australian web site is not as well built as Ford.co.uk web site, there Mustangs are pretty much identical to the Aussie one's, on there site you can spin the car around and see what it looks like from different angel's with the different colours and the options on the car like the rear spoiler added.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Congrats man!!!
They must have been on an email binge. I received my first ever communication from Ford Australia today as well. My Mustang has shipped!!! 😁
Now to hit up the dealer and find out what ship.
Congrats ! How did you go, any updates Stigy?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The good news is Mustang Production has finally ramped-up over the previous years June, with a massive 107.5% increase for June 2022 over same month 2021, however it is still down 17.9% YTD. (note this is general overall Production, and while probably indicative, my not accurately reflect exact RHD- Export Production).

However Ford have made a temporary fix to the infamous Semi-conductor shortage and dropped 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot Feature. However fear not, as this is feature is for the benefit of multiple Passenger's (10 Devices) on a long trip, it should not impact on the mustangs back seat Passengers.

"........In many newer vehicles, Wi-Fi hotspots have become a commonly included feature that some consumers are keen to take advantage of, whether that be to work on the go or provide internet access for passengers on road trips. However, the 2022 Ford Escape recently added a mandatory 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot removal option across all models due to supply constraints,...............

These affected vehicles will drop the 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot feature, which currently comes with a three-month or 3GB free trial period but requires a contract with AT&T afterward. The feature allows up to 10 devices to connect to the vehicle’s Wi-Fi hot spot at once.

Vehicles impacted by this change will receive a $20 credit reflected on the window sticker and invoice, while customers that order one of these models in the future may be able to opt for a 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot removal option to help avoid production delays. Vehicles that are built with the deletion option won’t be eligible to be retrofitted in the future, however. Meanwhile, no other FordPass Connect feature is impacted by this deletion. Those features currently include the ability to remotely start, lock, and unlock a vehicle, schedule specific times for the vehicle to remote start, locate a parked vehicle, and check the vehicle’s status."

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
Congrats Nelson, Any Updates?
The latest updates I have come from the online 'whereismymme' website that someone was kind enough to pass on. It show the status of my vehicle as 'compound in'. My ford dealership salesman called me on Monday and advised me that by this coming Friday or next Friday at the latest, I should receive another email from Ford stating the name of the ship that will transport my car over. Needless to say, I've been checking online every day for updates. So much so that I have managed to memorise my VIN number off by heart... pretty sad.... 😄

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The latest updates I have come from the online 'whereismymme' website that someone was kind enough to pass on. It show the status of my vehicle as 'compound in'. My ford dealership salesman called me on Monday and advised me that by this coming Friday or next Friday at the latest, I should receive another email from Ford stating the name of the ship that will transport my car over. Needless to say, I've been checking online every day for updates. So much so that I have managed to memorise my VIN number off by heart... pretty sad.... 😄
So the Dealer should know the name of the ship by checking the Order Status on-line - and Email you a Screen-Shot.

LOL, I created an MS Word Doc Log file, with my VIN, so I could also just Cut & Paste my vin onto the search site each time. Sometimes you can save the page link including the vin to your Favourites.

These used to work for Tracking, the German site with Google English Translation:

MachE https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/ Mustang Tracker -
https://trackmymustang.com
ModernMuscleCars.de

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
So it is due at the Dealership or to be Shipped ?

LOL, I created an MS Word Doc Log file, with my VIN, so I could also just Cut & Paste my vin onto the search site each time. Sometimes you can save the page including the vin to your Favourites.

These used to work for Tracking, the German site with Google English Translation:

MachE https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/ Mustang Tracker -
https://trackmymustang.com
ModernMuscleCars.de

Yes, that's the site!

'compound in' in the US. It must be sitting somewhere waiting to be transported to a dock and loaded onto a ship.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that's the site!

'compound in' in the US. It must be sitting somewhere waiting to be transported to a dock and loaded onto a ship.
Unless it states it is currently at Baltimore (compound), it is still at Flat Rock (compound), awaiting "Gate Release" transport to Baltimore Port. Getting Closer !!

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...back in '75, I bought a Red Mustang II Mach 1.
Three weeks later a woman decided that I didn't need the car anymore so
she hit me head-on.
I survived but the car didn't.
The insurance company and the local Ford dealer gave me a new Mach 1 with
a different VIN (of course), but Yellow in color.
I must have copied that vin 25 times including taking a pencil and paper out to
the car and rubbing the pencil over the paper while it laid on the vin.

.......5F05F257577.....was the vin. I still remember it......................:cwl:

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Another SALES HALT in Australia - to Clear the Order Backlog (not the news I wanted to hear !):

From Ford Au Website Re Mustang Availability:

"Mustang. Updated: July 2022.

"The global semiconductor chip shortage and supply chain challenges for various commodities continues to impact vehicle production for all automakers.

The challenges facing the industry are fluid and we are doing our best to fulfill current customer orders on Mustang as quickly as we can.

As such we are pausing any new orders for Mustang until we can get through the existing customer order bank. We understand this is frustrating and we will re-open for orders as soon as possible.
"

Mustang. Updated: June 2022.

"We are now taking orders for 2023 arrivals of Mustang,
however we encourage you to contact your Ford Dealer as timing may vary depending on dealership location and specifications. If you have an existing order please contact your Dealer who will be able to keep you up-to-date on your vehicle’s arrival."