2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

Chooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Ford LTD
Good feeling knowing the bloody thing has been built finally, now only the last bit of waiting
Was like a massive weight of my shoulders for me. Nothing else really bothered me after that, I knew it would happen, and I'm still waiting for delivery
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Wow what a disaster!. Ports are overwhelmed. They really need to find a solution to clear the backlog quickly because the boats won't stop coming.
Iā€™ve been watching the Melbourne port and the wait times are ridiculous. They schedule a boat to dock for 2-3 days and it stays for 5-6, which then pushed everything back. I donā€™t know how itā€™s not just a massive snowball effect. Right now there is an empty Berth for 2 days waiting for a cruise ship. Not sure why a passenger ship is docking at an automotive Ro-Ro terminal.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Was like a massive weight of my shoulders for me. Nothing else really bothered me after that, I knew it would happen, and I'm still waiting for delivery
Thatā€™s what I said too. šŸ˜‚.
I became obsessed but there are reasons for that I wonā€™t go into here. I miss the days or rocking up to a dealership, taking a car for a test drive and saying ā€œIā€™ll take that one in red pleaseā€, and drive home happy.
Although come to think of it. Thatā€™s only happened once in my life. My new car experiences have not been great when it comes to extended unexpected delays.

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
It wouldn't be hard to fly inspection and cleaning crews to Auckland, where they could carry out their work enroute, prior to arriving at Brisbane (being the first Aussie port on that route).

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
It wouldn't be hard to fly inspection and cleaning crews to Auckland, where they could carry out their work enroute, prior to arriving at Brisbane (being the first Aussie port on that route).
With how close vehicles are stored during shipping, I'm not sure that would be possible. No reason fumigation couldn't take place enroute tho.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
With how close vehicles are stored during shipping, I'm not sure that would be possible. No reason fumigation couldn't take place enroute tho.
At least with the Mustangs, the windows can be easily and quickly opened from the Key Fob for fumigation.

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
No, our Labour Party would want them all to get work visas and then take 10 months to approve them

Sponsored

Chooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Ford LTD
Looks like my LTD is sold so ive got a nice warm spot in the garage for my CS which is currently on a boat.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know what the terminology "Receival and Delivery Schedule" means in relation to shipping ports? MIRRAT has Thermopylae (auto) availability dates as First day 15/02/23 and Last day 18/02/23.

Trying to decipher what this means and if it means my car will be off the boat and awaiting the next leg of it's journey.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Just called my dealer and told ETA was April 8th. :shock:

I spoke to the delivery coordinator and she doesn't think that sounds right as she had previously seen an early March ETA. She is checking with the dealer principle and their stock controller and will contact me by tomorrow arvo at the latest.

The drama continues. :crying:

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Just called my dealer and told ETA was April 8th. :shock:

I spoke to the delivery coordinator and she doesn't think that sounds right as she had previously seen an early March ETA. She is checking with the dealer principle and their stock controller and will contact me by tomorrow arvo at the latest.

The drama continues. :crying:
Good luck, but I would insist on them emailing a Delivery Confirmation Screen-Shot for verification - especially after all the dramas!

Last edited:

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Good luck, but I would insist on them emailing a Delivery Confirmation Screen-Shot for verification - especially after all the dramas!
I will see what they say tomorrow. I'll tell them to road transport it up if required. I am hoping for good news tomorrow.
Sponsored