2022 GT misfire/shudder under light throttle

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
I have a 2022 gt auto PP1 and I am experiencing a misfire at 1,250 rpms that is very noticeable at around 70 km/h (42 mph). I took delivery in July and it has 6,600 KMs (4k miles), completely stock. Waiting for Ford performance to release a tune/CAI for the 22s.

Issue: Basically coast down to 70 km/h in normal drive mode and then re-apply very light throttle and the car starts to shudder/misfire. This happens the majority of the time. Doesn't matter if engine is warm or cold or where I buy my gas (91 always).

First visit: Confirmed misfire one cylinder - They replace the plug for cylinder #1 swapped the coils for cylinder 1 and 2.

Second visit: Confirmed misfire on six cylinders - They replaced the remaining 7 plugs.

Third visit: Last week the Dealer spent four days running diagnostics, sending logs and consulting with ford enginners, root cause is still indeterminent. The dealer did say that ford has had reports of other 2022s are having similiar issues. Since I was putting the car away for winter storage this past weekend we agreed to leave it at that and hope for a PCM update over the winter to resolve the issue.

Additonal anomoly: Car often goes into deep sleep mode every few weeks (was driven daily) and they said that they might replace the battery in the Spring if this continues. They did tell me that this would not cause a misfire, two seperate issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
8 bad sparkplugs on a single engine? Seems unlikely.
I thought so too, not impossible but not likely either. I did ask the service rep what condition the plugs were in (fowled or improperly gapped) and he didn't ask/know and service tech was gone for the day.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car

Sponsored

Johnnystang2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang 1968 mustang
Thanks man. Ford is just not what it used to be. It’s definitely down on power right now. I feel like I’m gonna be smoked by a corolla, shifts like garbage too. Will see if it smooths out in 500 miles, I’ll keep y’all up dated.

IMG_2196.jpeg

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... it sort of makes me chuckle sometimes when the final report is "key on engine running no codes"... mmm okay we're cool... when hours of driving is required to do a full test.

Anyway... hope it gets sorted.
Sponsored