Sponsored

2022 Ford Bronco Will Lose Important Option From Next Month

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Nice. Rumor has it Corvette ordering has been curtailed due to magneride shortages as well. Makes me wonder if removing the voice activated touchscreen option from my order might be wise.

It begs the question what does "Unscheduled Clean" really mean. Does it mean that for a particular order they have all of the parts in stock and ready to assemble but are just waiting for a spot on the assembly line to open up? Or perhaps worse, it is just an attempt to placate those that are in line. I hope it is the former.

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
This seems odd, I just watched a video of a parking lot as far as the eye can see with new Bronco's waiting for final parts to be installed due to the chip shortage.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I ordered my Wildtrak with the High Package, which includes the 12" touchscreen and Connected Navigation, but it doesn't include the Connected Built-In Navigation ($695 option). I don't understand what the difference is between those two options, so hopefully this doesn't impact my build.

I don't understand why the option couldn't be added later, though. Certainly it's a separate module that just needs to be plugged in an activated via FORscan, right? What would make it impossible to add after the parts become available?

JR

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I ordered my Wildtrak with the High Package, which includes the 12" touchscreen and Connected Navigation, but it doesn't include the Connected Built-In Navigation ($695 option). I don't understand what the difference is between those two options, so hopefully this doesn't impact my build.

I don't understand why the option couldn't be added later, though. Certainly it's a separate module that just needs to be plugged in an activated via FORscan, right? What would make it impossible to add after the parts become available?

JR
Wow, now this is news. On your Bronco the Nav system is no longer a stand alone system. It now is "connected" with FordConnect. You will not be able to use Nav unless you are connected. I think a lot of folks are not going to like that.

From what I can see the only difference between Connected Nav and Connected Built In Nav to length of service. The Connected Nav included with the High Package gives you a 90 day trail only. The Connected Built In Nav gives you a three year subscription. Now this is based on the 2022 build site so who knows how accurate it is. That said the systems appear to be the same so you could very well be impacted by this.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.39.46 AM.png

Edit: Well it looks like I was wrong (I think). Maybe this will help.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/connected-vs-connected-built-in-navigation.7311/

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Wow, now this is news. On your Bronco the Nav system is no longer a stand alone system. It now is "connected" with FordConnect. You will not be able to use Nav unless you are connected. I think a lot of folks are not going to like that.

From what I can see the only difference between Connected Nav and Connected Built In Nav to length of service. The Connected Nav included with the High Package gives you a 90 day trail only. The Connected Built In Nav gives you a three year subscription. Now this is based on the 2022 build site so who knows how accurate it is. That said the systems appear to be the same so you could very well be impacted by this.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.39.46 AM.png

Edit: Well it looks like I was wrong (I think). Maybe this will help.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/connected-vs-connected-built-in-navigation.7311/
Interesting. It would have been nice if that had been better communicated on the build and price page.

I'm not super concerned, because I use Waze or Google Maps via Android Auto 99.9% of the time. I have no idea how much time I'll spend off road, but I hope it's a non-zero amount. I think if I have a map downloaded in Google Maps, it'll work, but I won't be able to get directions without service.

JR
Sponsored